One owner Ludwig SS

thebeebe5

DFO Master
Reaction score
Picked this up this afternoon from a. Fellow that said he got it new in ‘72. After talking with @KCDrumDad it has a ‘74 serial number. I have a hard time remembering some things from 45!years ago myself, but he swears he recently tosswd the original receipt.... Either way it’s a cool drum. Hoping it cleans up well. There’s extensive pitting in one spot about 1x2mm in size... but that’s about it besides needing a good shine. I’ll need snare wires and a new bottom head. Of course it’s not as cool as the stuff Rick picks up with regularity, but for Arizona it’s not a bad “score”.

The fellow told me he’d sold a early 70s Rogers kit a few weeks ago and tried to give the buyer this Ludwig with the kit, but the fellow didn’t want it.

That was a head scratcher for sure....

943AE7BB-062C-4A91-9A0A-4C100C0E15E3.jpeg

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks good Jim. It should polish up beautifully.

Jim texted me about this drum when I was in the driveway picking up my latest Craigslist find. We both had good days.

thejohnlec

Reaction score
Nice one! With regard to needing snare wires, I put a set of Puresound snares on my 68 Super Sensitive and they sound great - highly recommended. Congrats and enjoy!

Latest posts