Opinions on Meinl byzance transition ride 21

Olvera

Reaction score
Hello, I want to buy a transitional walk but I would like to know your opinions of who has had or has had this walk since I want to give a modern touch to my jazz set. You know, YouTube videos are not so reliable, in general, they have good opinions, however, I have read a couple of comments in this forum that it is not a good dish. I also thought about monophones but it's very similar to my main promenade, a time in Agop

Attachments

Last edited:

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Meinl 21” Transition Ride is my very favourit ride. I have around 14 ride cymbals but this is the one I use by far most of the time. Great stick sound, great crash that gets out of the way real fast and the feel is wonderful. It’s just so nice to hit it. It’s a cymbal that I sometimes bring alone to smaller gigs. Just hats and the Transition ride. Awesome cymbal.
Plus, it’s the only ride I’ve had that keeps getting comments from fellow musicians, especially bass players. They love it.

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Transition was my first Meinl Ride, and halldor's comment about it being "so nice to hit" really sums it up perfectly. There's just something about it that is incredibly satisfying...it's a fantastic cymbal.

Being that they're hand made, each one is slightly different, but I've never heard a Transition Ride that had wonky overtones or unpleasant qualities. There are a lot of them out there too, so finding one that's right for your ear shouldn't be an issue.

Colorado Jay

Reaction score
I love mine and it was also my first Meinl ride (joining like 30 other rides I own). It has a wonderful trash under a clicky stick that doesn't get lost. Big fat bell that is usable but slightly integrated. The crash is sweet and gets out of the way in a reasonable amount of time, not too fast, not too long. Listen to a bunch because they vary in weights and sound like any hand hammered cymbal, maybe more variance than most. Not sure what Tony has now but cymbalsonly.com had a few when I picked mine out and it beat out all the others I heard online for sale at the time.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned before that the Transition Ride really shows it qualities when on stage with other musicians. It’s really nice to play on your own but on a gig it just shines and you realize what a great cymbal it is, at least the one I have.

goodcat1337

Reaction score
It’s one of my favorite ride cymbals. I just wish they made it in a 23” variant instead of just 21”.

Edward

Reaction score
I have the 22” tradition flat ride which has a combination of wide and regular lathing. The best flat I’ve owned. Nice umbrella profile gives it more wash then the typical flat. Very nice stick feel and it is crashable which is hard to find in a flat.