Opinions on Zildjian A 20 crash/ride (current model)

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone playing this model for louder pop/rock gigs? I've tried to use a 602 medium ride but realise I'm more at home with a lighter cymbals feel and sound.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Crash/Ride, current or previous is a nice cymbal. It's the same design as a Medium-Thin Crash, so you can evaluate it in that context.

Soulfinger

Reaction score
I have one (from 2016) and it is fabulous. They really nailed the classic A sound with the redesign. I use mine for jazz (as a main ride) but I bet it would work very well in a pop/rock setting. Great bell, full crash and very nice ping.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've moved from the re-issue crashes to 602 thins. They're a little smoother to my ears. I really wish the edges were thinner on both, more so the Zildjians. The sound great with a firm wallop but take that kind of strike to really open up....

TheMattJones88

Reaction score
I had one that I really enjoyed, which I traded on here. It was a great cymbal, the pitch just blended a bit too closely with my 19" A Thin Crash. Felt great to hit and crash ride on, sounded fantastic.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Managed to snag one of these the other day, very impressed , sounds like a "perfect" do all cymbal.. Zildjian on top of their game with the current A's.

Latest posts