no not those ; )

these ---> STICKS------- (are those Agop Signatures?) --------MJC4------>

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
  • Diameter : .595" | 1.51cm
  • Length : 16.38" | 41.59cm
  • Taper : Long
from what I can surmise ( <-- it's a word..)
The Sd7 Whacker (nylon tip only) Diameter

and it's a long one with a great long taper
Jeff Ballard endorsed but he's just another guy

~

"Over the years and in collaboration with some of the world’s top artists, the design team at Vic has produced thousands of prototypes ranging from the highly experimental to the straight-ahead and everything in between. This has been their secret playground. After a lot of discussion, they have decided that some secrets are just too good to keep quiet. “We’re excited to announce that we’re releasing five of our favorite prototype models to the world as our newly branded Modern Jazz Collection,” states Neil Larrivee, Vice President of Education and Drumstick Product Development. “They have been staples in our back room for years – "

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I like the Vater Sugar Maple Phat Ride model but haven't sampled the Firth MJC maple offerings yet so I just ordered a couple pair to try. (had some MF reward points for 31% off) even better!

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I recently have fallen in love with the Buddy Rich sticks, would love these for quieter stuff.

kevin klever

Reaction score
I've been using the MJC4 for a few months, bought a whole brick of em. You will like them. Great cymbal sounds, super fun feel in the hands, plays killer quarters by itself. Perfect balance between "mapley" airy cymbal sound and punchy drum sounds thanks to the larger diameter.
Also, I'm pretty sure Jeff designed that model with Vic.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDA

kevin klever

Reaction score
You jumped in a whole Brick w/o trying a pair out lol way to go
Haha nah I actually bought a pair when the series came out a couple years ago. Kinda dug it but ended up using some other sticks for a while. Then I found that pair in a pile of old sticks more recently and it was like magic.

Reactions: JDA

marc3k

Reaction score
Man I would buy everything to get a touch like Carter Mclean :)

Latest posts