Ordered a pair of...

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just spent a wad on three Vader Jimmy Cobbs. TKillian told me to do it. Have to wait till the next unemployment check.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
hmm thought I was your broker wait Jimmy Cobb? ... here "I" made a Video...

Last edited:

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Joe, I took the bait and gave the MJC4 sticks a try. I like ‘em! I normally use SD9s, so these aren’t a drastic change. Still prefer the SD9, as that tip shape gets a beefier sound on toms and snare, but I can easily see how you jass dudes would dig the MJ’s. Great sound on cymbals!

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Joe, I took the bait and gave the MJC4 sticks a try. I like ‘em! I normally use SD9s, so these aren’t a drastic change. Still prefer the SD9, as that tip shape gets a beefier sound on toms and snare, but I can easily see how you jass dudes would dig the MJ’s. Great sound on cymbals!
yeah "coming down" from an sd9 driver if that's your 'normal' stick may not 'be' a best idea...the mjc4 more a move 'up' from say an sd4 making the sense

Ry would you say the sd9 is close in 'weight' to the mjc4 or heavier; i haven't had a recent sd9 my old ones seem denser than the mjc4

Tracktuary

Reaction score
Joe, your drums and cymbals sound incredible. Nice playing, too, my man.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
yeah "coming down" from an sd9 driver if that's your 'normal' stick may not 'be' a best idea...the mjc4 more a move 'up' from say an sd4 making the sense

Ry would you say the sd9 is close in 'weight' to the mjc4 or heavier; i haven't had a recent sd9 my old ones seem denser than the mjc4

Joe, it feels to me that the MJ is slightly heavier than the SD9, bit that could be a balance thing. The SD9 is 16.25” long while the MJ is 16.38”. The difference is minimal. Biggest difference is how they sound. One can easily tell the MJ’s are happier on cymbals than the SD9.

rimtap

Reaction score
I went on a stick buying spree in December to try and find the right stick for my old K's. Ended up liking the sound of a very light pair from LaBackbeat. Wore 'em out and the owner of LaBackbeat said he could make me some more but I never heard back from him. Then I ran across this thread and remembered that I had bought a pair of MJC4's and never tried them. So I had my first gig last night since the pandemic (outdoor winery gig) and used them...Wow! I love them. They have a great woody stick sound and seem to swing all by themselves. Thanks for the "tip", JDA!

• Love

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just so you know...keeping this thread going only adds fuel for more dumb drummer jokes. Wait I just kept it going...damnit. See what I mean!

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Auto swing, huh? :scratch:

Man, am I gonna have to break down and buy a pair of these damn sticks? :banghead:

Latest posts