header.nohb.html

Ordered some more cymbals

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ordered some new cymbals today. I’ve been putting back some $$$ knowing my birthday is coming soon. I’m still about 3 weeks from my birthday, but I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Sabian AAX box set and an O-Zone Crash today.

- 14" AAX X-Celerator Hats
- 17" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash
- 19" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash
- 18” AAX O-Zone Crash
- 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride
- 10" AAX Air Splash

I ordered them out of Memphis, Tennessee and I’m only a few hours away. Tracking is showing they’ll be here Tuesday. I used to have some of these and I ended up selling them to a friend in need. I’ve regretted doing that, so I’m excited to get them in and to get them on one of my kits!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you love them. AAX stuff is largely too bright/cutting for me, but the thinnest crashes can sound really nice and full and glassy.

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Got them in today. May go to the rehearsal room and throw them on the kit here in a bit.

8A7AB6DA-09FA-47F3-8881-B24314822C0C.jpeg

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrads...now you've got me pondering if i'd like a big(ger) crash...if it was a fast crash....not sure i can afford to answer that question.

It looks like a great set...Enjoy

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
congrads...now you've got me pondering if i'd like a big(ger) crash...if it was a fast crash....not sure i can afford to answer that question.

It looks like a great set...Enjoy
I do like bigger crashes, but I also like something that I can hit it and quit it with, this the fast crashes. Some I’ve tried have more wash than a ride cymbal and that really isn’t my cup of tea. Give me something that will break through the mix and then get out of the way.