Original Drum Beats with Coco Raizes de Arcoverde and Aurinha de Coco , folkloric Brazilian music , the real Brazil

bonsritmos

Reaction score

This is the real Brazil , these folkloric Coco groups from Pernambuco , with infectuous beats and dances and call responce melody with just percusion . Coco Raizes has dances that are like parallel developements with tap dancing and master Juba in America that led to tap dancing .

These grooves have inspired me to come up with my own beats on the drums . It just makes me want to get in the middle of it and just groove my heart out . Its amazing how this idiom evokes echos of spirituals , calypso , blues and rhythm and blues , any thing afro diasporic call and responce to a heavy groove .

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is the real Brazil , these folkloric Coco groups from Pernambuco , with infectuous beats and dances and call responce melody with just percusion . Coco Raizes has dances that are like parallel developements with tap dancing and master Juba in America that led to tap dancing .

These grooves have inspired me to come up with my own beats on the drums . It just makes me want to get in the middle of it and just groove my heart out . Its amazing how this idiom evokes echos of spirituals , calypso , blues and rhythm and blues , any thing afro diasporic call and responce to a heavy groove .
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

bonsritmos

Reaction score
i apreciete it multijd
i co produced one of the coco raizes cds and they have performed on a couple of my cds and aurinha has guested on one of my cds and guested with me in a concert .
i played the lula calixto festival that coco raizes runs , and last time i opened for them ....they were incredable . with just percusion and voice , they capture some really powerful basic fundimentals of music and how to make it swing . im very humble to know these groups and they totaly opened me up to how to find new aproaches to drums.

in coco raizes , its amazing to see the dance they do with the wooden sandals . the parallels to tap dancing are mind blowing since they know nothing of each other in their developement.