bcarey13

Team Bonham
Reaction score
and that badge number doesn't correspond to when citrus mod was available

That's a late 64' badge....pre-citrus

Leffler

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got my hopes up. They're listed on Seattle craigslist for 2500. Guy said he's getting offers to ship them all over the country. I told him they're rewrapped and that he should disclose that to buyers, otherwise someone's going to be upset.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Definitely a rewrap. They do look nice but yes the badge numbers are way off to be real. While the colors look great as well, the striations are not spread out enough like the real color. No way this set is worth what the guy wants. Besides if someone was willing to pay that much, they should also be able to identify the low serial number badge as being earlier 60's.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
you can see a butterfly shaped book match in the pattern above the badge slightly to the right. The original wrap was completely random as far as I know so you would never see that on the real deal only the stuff made on a computer. The scratches were added to try to make you think that the wrap is old.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
you can see a butterfly shaped book match in the pattern above the badge slightly to the right. The original wrap was completely random as far as I know so you would never see that on the real deal only the stuff made on a computer. The scratches were added to try to make you think that the wrap is old.
The "real" reissue is random as it is made like the old stuff, although they didn't get the pattern quite right...but that certainly does look like a repeat in the wrap. So this might not even be wrapped in the actual re-issue drum wrap but rather something that someone cooked up with a photo of the re-issue and a photoshop program...which, at least in my book, makes this even less desirable than a regular rewrap.

Maybe if they had created a wrap that looked like the original*...but to start off with the re-issue as your basis is kind of a waste of time and effort.

*which has been done with Mod-Orange with very nice results.

clubdate

Reaction score
I see Jesus with sunglasses above the badge and slightly to the right.

Snaffoo

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
clubdate said:
I see Jesus with sunglasses above the badge and slightly to the right.
Wearing Rayban's ala 2009, in a Pete rePete finish... KO is right on the money!

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
the floor tom and bass drum clearly have big black dw style screw together grommets. You can also so see a book matched pattern on either side of the strainer.

Leffler

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's crap. He knows for sure that they are rewrapped, and I told him he should disclose it.

Latest posts