Original or reissue citrus mod

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
My smart phone just notified me of an e-mail reply reguarding this kit a few minutes ago. {Loading my kit into a restaurant for tonights gig as I type this . :icon_smile: :icon_smile: }

You guys should love this reply :

{I sent him an e-mail questioning the wrong lugs and badges a few hours ago, this is his gentleman Craigslist reply:}

Quote:

Bill.....these were just firewood shells we I got them. I've spent many hour bringing this very cool set back to life. I'm not new to working on drums and because of anal collectors like you that buy vintage drums only to put in your man cave along with many other kits that should be played, not just envied. When someone buys a model t ford hot hod they appreciate the work that was done and don't ridicule the owner or seller. My set is a players kit, restored as best as one man can. No one has a gun to your head to buy or show interest. E bay...Don Bennett has the correct kit your talking about with some x Tra holes in the kick... $9000...Buy it now.
**** you and go buy a DW kit....collectors make me sick! End Quote.

Chuckling, as he will probably unload these on someone and laugh all the way to the bank , ehh ?
Lots of folks showing me love tonight !! Yeah ha !! :wink: :icon_smile:

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I sent the seller an email telling him that putting $200 worth of wrap on a drum kit and asking $2500 doesn't sound like he's asking for "serious inquiries only", because he can't possibly be serious. Waiting for his reply.

I was tempted to post another For Sale entry on Seattle Craiglist warning the public that it's a rewrapped kit, but I decided I didn't need to get into any long distance fights.....

bcarey13

Team Bonham
Reaction score
Wow, is right Mike. Funny how he says collectors make him sick....probably because we ruin his sales for him. He mentions he's no stranger to working on drums. I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing and hoping someone snags them before we "sickening collectors" spread the word.

Leffler

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He tried to tell me they were his dad's kit, and his dad had recently died and left the drums to him. He "didn't know much about them, but [his] dad was always really meticulous about his gear."

Latest posts