header.nohb.html

Oriollo Bakar 1360 w/ video demo

zinnman

Reaction score
If you’re replacing a throw that has both holes below the bead, be aware that you’ll have to either drill an ‘extra’ hole above the bead or use both mounting bolts on the bottom ear of the INDe throw. The Gibraltar throw on mine had both holes below the bead (not straddling the bead with one below and one above) so what I did was take the top bolt off the throw, put it on the bottom, and mounted to the original holes. It’s rock solid. I did use a slightly thicker gasket on the top ear so that everything is tight to the shell, and the top ear of the throw isn’t just floating in midair. If you look closely, you can see there’s no bolt in the top ear! But you’d never know unless you went looking for it, it’s mounted at 2 points so it can’t budge.

If the shell is already drilled for hardware, you gotta work with what’s there. But if it’s not finished yet, you could always just ask Vukan to drill for the INDe throw above and below the bead. He’d probably even get the throw for you and install it if you were
If you’re replacing a throw that has both holes below the bead, be aware that you’ll have to either drill an ‘extra’ hole above the bead or use both mounting bolts on the bottom ear of the INDe throw. The Gibraltar throw on mine had both holes below the bead (not straddling the bead with one below and one above) so what I did was take the top bolt off the throw, put it on the bottom, and mounted to the original holes. It’s rock solid. I did use a slightly thicker gasket on the top ear so that everything is tight to the shell, and the top ear of the throw isn’t just floating in midair. If you look closely, you can see there’s no bolt in the top ear! But you’d never know unless you went looking for it, it’s mounted at 2 points so it can’t budge.

If the shell is already drilled for hardware, you gotta work with what’s there. But if it’s not finished yet, you could always just ask Vukan to drill for the INDe throw above and below the bead. He’d probably even get the throw for you and install it if you wanted.
Hey my phantom’s Gibraltar throw off holes are below the bead and are spaced/look like this:
O O (Laterally drilled)

Were yours like this, and if so how’d you make the inde throw work on your drum without drilling? Seems like I would need 2 vertical holes below bead to use your method. Thanks

Drumbumcrumb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey my phantom’s Gibraltar throw off holes are below the bead and are spaced/look like this:
O O (Laterally drilled)

Were yours like this, and if so how’d you make the inde throw work on your drum without drilling? Seems like I would need 2 vertical holes below bead to use your method. Thanks
Yup, I have 2 vertical holes below the bead. If you did decide to drill one hole above the bead and one hole below for the inde, your bottom hole would likely be right between your 2 existing holes (I’m assuming halfway between the existing holes would be center) - which means the inde may possibly hide the existing holes once installed. Depends where the existing holes are.

zinnman

Reaction score
Yup, I have 2 vertical holes below the bead. If you did decide to drill one hole above the bead and one hole below for the inde, your bottom hole would likely be right between your 2 existing holes (I’m assuming halfway between the existing holes would be center) - which means the inde may possibly hide the existing holes once installed. Depends where the existing holes are.
thanks for the reply. yes….but don’t think i can bring myself to drill 2 more holes in my spun shell. probably no biggie, but the current throw does work fine for now. but later? we will see