W

wayne

That's very odd...they look just like Dunett snare shells...what are the chances?? :jerk:

oriollo

Reaction score
Nope, we don't supply Dunnett with these shells.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oriollo makes their own shells in Europe. Dunnett sources his shells from different manufacturers, some of which are in Asia.

majuku

Reaction score
Lugs have nice design and otherwise the look is high-end but those rivets holding the very personal badge are..not. A small detail but caught my eyes right away. How about laser engraving that logo on the shell? That would be classy and you might be the first to do it?

Still good luck for your business!

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Majuku said:
Lugs have nice design and otherwise the look is high-end but those rivets holding the very personal badge are..not. A small detail but caught my eyes right away. How about laser engraving that logo on the shell? That would be classy and you might be the first to do it?

Still good luck for your business!
I really liked the badge with rivets and all. Gave it little bit of a retro look, 50's vibe, and it works great with the lugs. It's a modern looking drum, but not trying too hard to be "the latest new thing". I dig the look a lot!

oriollo

Reaction score
Thanks, you 2 Finns :)
Frankly, I don't like the rivets too. Wanted to put black, hardly visible, rivets. That was the original idea, but couldn't find appropriate ones, so this is what we have now.
Laser engraving - hardly soon. Etching - possible. Pad printing (like on cymbals) - possible too.

oriollo

Reaction score
Some of the recent bell bronze shells. Grooved outer surface.

oriollo

Reaction score
Well, we were selling shells only for some time.
Shells are still our main profit maker, but we're slowly building our name in the snare drum section. Slowly but steadily.
Considering that some serious drum manufacturers love our shells, I'm sure we'll find a place under the sun for our drums as well :)
It just takes time ...

oriollo

Reaction score
Here's a 6.5" Phantom demo, by Sinclair Lott.

[media]
[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:

oriollo

Reaction score
Here's 6.5" bell bronze. First of the new series shells (drums coming soon). Centrifugally cast, 3.4mm thick, edges rounded outside 45 inside, grooved outer surface ...

oriollo

Reaction score
Thanks!
Our snare drums with these shells coming soon.
Although, there are already drums with these shells made by other manufacturers :)

oriollo

Reaction score
Here's a Phantom P65 anodized in turquoise, per customer's request.

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not an endorser and this isn't meant as an advertisement. I ordered my 6.5x14 Phantom on a whim after I saw the video of how the shell was made. It's hands down the best 6.5x14 snare I've played. Thanks Oriollo.

JCKOriollo

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm making a video this week. I have a phantom in 5.5. It's amazing. My favorite aluminum I've had so far. :)

oriollo

Reaction score
Sinclair said:
I'm not an endorser and this isn't meant as an advertisement. I ordered my 6.5x14 Phantom on a whim after I saw the video of how the shell was made. It's hands down the best 6.5x14 snare I've played. Thanks Oriollo.
JCKLudwig said:
I'm making a video this week. I have a phantom in 5.5. It's amazing. My favorite aluminum I've had so far. :)
Thank you, guys. I'm really glad you're liking them so much!

Maybe I should put a couple of production videos here for easier availability ...

[media]
[/media]

[media]
[/media]

As for buyers of our shells, well maybe in future when we build our brand more, we'll be able to do dual branding with some drum manufacturers.
But for now ... here's one hint, there are some cast bronze drums released recently ... :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: