green glass drum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep I did indeed. You were in LA then?
Yes I was sir. Saw you many times. It was "the place" to go for muzoids back in the day.
You always played great. Boroff would walk through the crowd playing his sax. Vinny sat in a few times. Good times.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes I was sir. Saw you many times. It was "the place" to go for muzoids back in the day.
You always played great. Boroff would walk through the crowd playing his sax. Vinny sat in a few times. Good times.
And many others. Al Jarreau, Harvey Mason, Tom Brechtlein, Carlos Vega. Guitarist Mike Miller played for a few weeks before he worked with Chick Corea. Freddie Hubbard came in to hear me, my audition actually. That's how I got that gig. When I toured that summer with Freddie Vinnie played in my place. Lucky for him 'cause if not for that nobody would've know who he was. (rimshot/wink) He broke in on that gig. As I recall we played Sunday, Monday, Tuesday no cover and the place was packed, certainly every night when he started playing it. I remember once I had a session and couldn't make the first set so Vinnie cover it. When I got there I handed him $30. "Thanks for covering me Vinnie" Hahaha.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
And many others. Al Jarreau, Harvey Mason, Tom Brechtlein, Carlos Vega. Guitarist Mike Miller played for a few weeks before he worked with Chick Corea. Freddie Hubbard came in to hear me, my audition actually. That's how I got that gig. When I toured that summer with Freddie Vinnie played in my place. Lucky for him 'cause if not for that nobody would've know who he was. (rimshot/wink) He broke in on that gig. As I recall we played Sunday, Monday, Tuesday no cover and the place was packed, certainly every night when he started playing it. I remember once I had a session and couldn't make the first set so Vinnie cover it. When I got there I handed him $30. "Thanks for covering me Vinnie" Hahaha.
What year(s) was this happening?

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don’t know if the Oriollo website is up to date, but, it looks like the copper line is not currently available.

oriollo

Reaction score
Yes, the website is pretty much always up to date.
Copper snare drums are available, copper sets - not.

Sd27

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a seamless spun aluminum one day

purity

Reaction score
Wow, what a beautiful drum. So, will those hoops be available for sale on their own...would look great on my phantom.

Jazz Turkey

Reaction score
What’s is up with the colors? Do special colors rotate in on a limited basis? Some etched or patina and some sprayed?
Deciding on a color would seem to be one of those choices that is difficult while at the same time impossible to mess up.

DrumPhil

Reaction score
Our local brewery would love it if I showed up with that Phantom drum that looks like a beer keg. (I mean that in a nice way.) So cool!

I am surprised by the demo, that a drum this deep sounds like it has more high end headroom than low end. Is the low tuning in the video really at the lower end of the tuning range? Perhaps the Ferromang snares go lower?