Oriollo Jazz Kit

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just got these from our friend Vukan at Oriollo. It's the first "jazz" kit he's done. You probably know by now that he's offering these Phantom seamless aluminum kits in many different sizes and finishes. An industry first to my knowledge. Edges here are what he calls an Oriphonic shell layout. A flanged top edge and a flat, beaded and angled bottom edge.

Have to geek out and share a few shots from a trio gig last week that the venue photographer (Shawna Sarnowski photography) took. I'll be doing a video asap.

Finish is Galaxy Splatter. Love em. Very resonant and light weight. Exactly what I was hoping for.
14x16 BD 3mm thick
8x12 small tom 2mm
12x14 floor tom 2mm

Thanks Vukan!!

Attachments

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good gosh, those are lovely! I cant wait to hear a bit of video. That also looks like a very nice venue you guys are in for these pics.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It looks like you have wood hoops on your bass drum. Is this a new option? I think DanRH's kit came with metal hoops.

oriollo

Reaction score
Such cool pics! And beautiful venue that Merc!

cochlea said:
It looks like you have wood hoops on your bass drum. Is this a new option? I think DanRH's kit came with metal hoops.
Wooden hoops can be made per order. I have a fellow (wooden) drum builder who can do them

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
cochlea said:
Thanks fellas. At my request the kit was shipped without BD or tom hoops as I had some TF and DC's here I wanted to try. The 16" wood BD hoops I bought at Pro Drum and finished myself. Also picked up BD claws and T-rods. I like the look and convenience of tuning the BD with t-rods. As a side note. I found only one place online that had the BD hoops I wanted, so on a whim I walked into Pro Drum and asked Jerry if he had a couple. He goes in the back rummages around and come out with the exact pair I was looking for at close to the same price. I gladly paid and was on my way. Love that place.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks sweet, and very classy. I know they sound great.

Any video with you playing them would be a treat, and serve an educational purpose for me as well!

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt
Reaction score
Wow! Gorgeous looking kit! Very classy! I like the sizes, too.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Terrific, Sinclair -

I have the matching snare: a 13x7 "Phantom 1370", also in Galaxy Splatter .... I believe this is also the first snare in that size that Vukan has done. I love it!

I am seriously contemplating moving one of my kits and following your lead; I currently play a 16/10/14 or a Canopus 15/10/13 almost exclusively.

What a great company!!

Mike

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I've heard the Canopus with the 15 BD. Surprised me. Keep that and get a 16/12/14 from Vukan. Heck you already have the snare. The 13x7 must be nuts.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, as does the venue - I want to hear this kit, though!

I am remodeling my "drum room" and going for a brick look with wood floors - this was very similar so I am stoked!

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend throw rugs and maybe some wall treatment to dampen it down.
The venue was pretty live with very high ceilings but improves with 75 people there, and of course we're not playing loud.

Attachments