OT: “Dark Side Of The Moon” and “The Wizard Of Oz”

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Utter nonsense. The guys in Pink Floyd didn’t spend time syncing that up. Frankly DSOTM was t “calculated” like that at all.

dale w miller

Reaction score
I just watched the first two songs and I don’t buy it. Someone was smoking too much weed or dropped a bit too much acid when imagining that one.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The first "interesting" moment happens when Dorothy opens the door to the new world in colour...the opening of the door times exactly with the beginning of Money.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
The first "interesting" moment happens when Dorothy opens the door to the new world in colour...the opening of the door times exactly with the beginning of Money.
The first one for me was during the lyric, “And balanced on the biggest wave, You race towards an early grave” This is right when Dorothy is balancing on the fence and falls into the pig pen.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The first one for me was during the lyric, “And balanced on the biggest wave, You race towards an early grave” This is right when Dorothy is balancing on the fence and falls into the pig pen.
Ahh, didn't catch that one.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
"Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
that he didn't
Didn't already have "

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
" No you can't do that,
Once you've started wearing those shoes "

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Back in the 70s if any NFL game was on tv we'd put ELP's "Tarkus" album on the turntable and it miraculously seemed to sync up with the plays on the screen.

Uncanny!

...looking back, maybe we were just really baked. :drunken:

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Heh heh ... that's a good one .

Waaay back when I was exploring various possiblities in the universe, I lived in a pad with mattresses on the floor and the appropriate posters on the walls,etc. Two portable black and white tv's - one the sound didn't work, the other the picture screen -kaput . Me and my learned colleagues would tune in to the late movie , listening to one while watching the other . Best one I can remember was an old Jimmy Cagney gangster flick ( the one about his mother ) and the 1930's Errol Flynn ' Robin Hood ' production . Breakfast at Tiffany's with the Outer Limits was another good one .

polycrescendo

Reaction score
I checked this out "properly" with some friends back when I was about 19. We were all sold that this was intentional. Now that I'm older, I still think it is. Too many spots that line up perfectly and the tone lines up with the visual. Either way, I think it's pretty cool.