OT: “Dark Side Of The Moon” and “The Wizard Of Oz”

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Utter nonsense. The guys in Pink Floyd didn’t spend time syncing that up. Frankly DSOTM was t “calculated” like that at all.
I can not agree with you that it it is nonsense but I do agree with you that Pink Floyd was likely not responsible.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I can not agree with you that it it is nonsense but I do agree with you that Pink Floyd was likely not responsible.
It was most likely done by their satanic overlords under the monarch programming agenda.
Right? Right?

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Complete twaddle. For starters, they're two very different lengths (42 vs 102 minutes). Are we supposed to play the record 2.4 times?
Back in the day, my buddies and i got really stoned and watched white noise on the TV -- jammed between stations, when you could do that -- and the random movements on the screen lined up perfectly with our own bodily actions. Fantastic! It worked even better on acid.
It would be more amazing if a stoned participant DIDN'T see remarkable "coincidences" in the DSOTM/WOO silliness. The same would work with literally any other movie.

All the members of Pink Floyd have laughed off any connection, and really, what reason would they have to lie about it? if they HAD planned it that way, and it was discovered many years later, and they 'fessed-up," they would be lauded as even cooler/hipper than they already are/were.

Complete twaddle. One might as well say the Earth is flat, or Paul is dead.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Complete twaddle. For starters, they're two very different lengths (42 vs 102 minutes). Are we supposed to play the record 2.4 times?
Back in the day, my buddies and i got really stoned and watched white noise on the TV -- jammed between stations, when you could do that -- and the random movements on the screen lined up perfectly with our own bodily actions. Fantastic! It worked even better on acid.
It would be more amazing if a stoned participant DIDN'T see remarkable "coincidences" in the DSOTM/WOO silliness. The same would work with literally any other movie.

All the members of Pink Floyd have laughed off any connection, and really, what reason would they have to lie about it? if they HAD planned it that way, and it was discovered many years later, and they 'fessed-up," they would be lauded as even cooler/hipper than they already are/were.

Complete twaddle. One might as well say the Earth is flat, or Paul is dead.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
They weren't strangers to the nuanced architecture of film soundtracks . Before they hit big,Pink Floyd had a profitable reputation composing movie scores .

Who knows ?

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I believe The Floyd were talented enough that if they were to do a "soundtrack" over the rainbow....erm... Of the Wizard of Oz, it would be the full length if the movie, line up perfectly, AND offer Roger Waters sardonic wit-filled lyrics as the narration....

Roger's ego would have settled for nothing less!

Last edited:

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I believe The Floyd were talented enough that if they were to do a "soundtrack" over the rainbow....erm... Of the Wizard of Oz, it would be the full length if the movie, line up perfectly, AND offer Roger Waters sardonic wit-filled lyrics as the narration....

Roger's ego would have settled for nothing less!
Plus.....he would have demanded royalties.....

dcrigger

DFO Master
Reaction score
They weren't strangers to the nuanced architecture of film soundtracks . Before they hit big,Pink Floyd had a profitable reputation composing movie scores .

Who knows ?
Actually that is one of many reasons why we do know.

THEY actually did know how to make film scores.

And this is the farthest cry from anything like a decent film score imaginable.

Fact is - if I put any recording up again a film like this - I'm going to drawn to the moments that work - and there will always be moments that work. Always. Try it.

And I'll tend to just let all of the moments that don't, just go buy - either ignore them to rationalize them away with some far fetch connection that I'm trying to convince myself exists.

So do this if a different musical work and we won't have these successful alignments, but we'll have others, different ones.

In my opinion, if they had given this even a moments thought - It Would've Been A Lot Better Than This (because this really isn't very good - again, try and pay as much attention to what DOESN'T work as what does.)

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
There are people that think TOOL’s Ænima syncs up with “nightmare before christmas”
Both this and the PF thing seem like fun silly coincidences that only make connections here and there during the movies... but it is fun to watch I guess

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I like to play the soundtrack of The Wizard of Oz while looking at The Dark Side of the Moon album cover.

Which is a dull grey beam going into a pyramid and coming out the other side as all of the colors of the “Rainbow”.

The movie itself starts in black and white then epically, for the time, changes to Technicolor when Dorothy walks into Munchkinland.

Now that’s Money.

82364EDD-626E-481F-989B-5754998A91C6.jpeg

Last edited: