OT - 2020 - 29 more days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're going to look back on 2020 and see some incredible changes that have resulted from it. First, working and school from home has become such a force that it's going to change how we work and live, possibly forever. Second, vaccine technology took a giant leap forward this year. Several pharmaceutical companies developed a highly effective vaccine in less than a year. They did it using new technology that will make future vaccine development much easier. That's just incredible. I'm sure there are other innovations that we'll realize were a result of all of this too.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're going to look back on 2020 and see some incredible changes that have resulted from it. First, working and school from home has become such a force that it's going to change how we work and live, possibly forever. Second, vaccine technology took a giant leap forward this year. Several pharmaceutical companies developed a highly effective vaccine in less than a year. They did it using new technology that will make future vaccine development much easier. That's just incredible. I'm sure there are other innovations that we'll realize were a result of all of this too.
Yeah, I think I paid for my last haircut in February. Wife does it now.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks! Optimism all the way! Can't live life thinking that a new year would be a continuation of a bad year. If you think about it, life was normal till Covid. So most issues this year were a byproduct of the virus. That means that if the vaccines have success + the media pumps success, things can recover again. Will some things permanently change forever? Probably! But they will be good changes for humanity.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has seen some of the biggest "benefits" of this mess. Her job had her driving all over the state just for meetings and simple training sometimes up to 3 times a week. Sometimes this required overnights which our girls didn't like. They have discovered how to do all this online saving her countless hours on the road which actually allowed her to get more work accomplished.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am trying to keep positive. My current health problems started late ‘17, got really bad in ‘18, and resulted in four surgeries related ending this year. I am tired of doom and gloom.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think (hope) that this flu season will be milder than usual this winter due to masks, social distancing, remote learning, work from home, more hand washing and use of hand sanitizer.

With vaccines on the way I hope that we can at least begin to get our lives back in 2021. Maybe we can even play some gigs again.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least we had a few good months early this year, some gigs, parties, and social events.

2021 is going to be starting with Covid...... but of course stay positive and everyone take care.......

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife is now full time at home , her company told her to clean out her office, not getting rid of her just the office space. She loves it. I've been home since March but will have to go back eventually, I work for a medical company so don't think they want to be in the news because of an outbreak so only those in production and shipping are in the office rest of us are at home.

We got two new cats this year and I've enjoyed being at home with them and take them out on the back porch in the evenings, until the time change/colder weather.

Gotten back to gigging a little, I've play 4 gigs since October, 50 % capacity everyone wearing masks except up on stage. Only played with my two regular bands and I know what they've all been up to and know they've all been "behaving" so far so good.

Stay safe, stay well and hopefully 2021 will be a better year! I'll be 50 in July 2021, yay....already know of something "fun" my doctor will tell me I get to do once I turn 50

Drum related, I've already talked to John Aldridge about an Engraved Black Beauty and going to get him to sign it on my B-day.
Even though I'm a Zildjian guy I'm hoping Paiste will do something special for their 2002 series that was introduced in 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.