OT: Anyone Own a Mini Cooper?

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Guys, I had NO idea I'd hear from so many of you....and thanks. One thing I'll add, I'll be buying (if I do buy one) an automatic transmission. I've had two long term Miatas and I loved driving the stick shift. But this car is just a tad quieter and a bit more refined inside...while still being very quick with the Turbo. So as a non-daily driver an auto works just fine for me. I still haven't pulled the trigger. I was waiting for Thanksgiving to be over and to sell my motorcycle. Both have happened and the 2015 I'm looking at is still available. My wife has signed off on it if "I have to have it"...so guess I'd better make up my mine. Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions. I'll post a pic.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a 2011 MINI John Cooper Works model. Mine is a manual. I love it! It is not my main car, my main car is a 2016 Suburban. I can almost fit the Mini in back of the Suburban. I use the MINI for relatively close driving around town and the occasional close bar gig. I have my Ludwig Gig Lite kit in SKB hard cases, and it fits perfectly in the MINI. (see pic) If you are a MINI owner you absolutely have to be proactive with maintenance. I have not had any issues except the HP fuel pump, but that was a known issue and MINI replaced it free. I love the way this car drives, it's like driving a go-cart! It always makes me smile.

View attachment 471291

View attachment 471292

View attachment 471294
Thanks much, very interesting and helpful. Love the color, wheels and stripes on your car. But the weiner car must be a bear to parallel park. :)

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Both cars incredible but that Lambo is breathtaking. Unfortunately, I don't have a pilot's license and I sense you'd need one for that. It's insane.
Yeah, the Lambo looks designed by an anime artist. But, the Pagani is 3x's the price.