OT: Anyone See the new Mandalorian Spin-off, Book of Boba Fett?

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I found the third episode to be a little hard to follow in spots and a bit disjointed. I still liked it quite a bit, but it didn't flow as smoothly as the second episode.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 3 stunk, IMO. Shiny, cheesy, primary color land speeder bikes ridden by disgruntled "bad ass" teens? Really? The speeder chase through the city was formulaic and predictable, and when the mayor's lackey got caught, the acting was prequel level at best.

The mercenary Wookie was decent but how many times did Boba have to be thrown across the room before we get the point that the Wookie is tough? 5?

I hope they pick it up in the next one. EP 2 was by far the best yet.

Reaction score
Wowww.

This was cool!

And Danny!!!!

But…

What were they thinking with his new crew?

1642104672503.jpeg

Also.

Whats up with his helmet on and off so inconsistantly???

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
Episode 3 stunk, IMO. Shiny, cheesy, primary color land speeder bikes ridden by disgruntled "bad ass" teens? Really? The speeder chase through the city was formulaic and predictable, and when the mayor's lackey got caught, the acting was prequel level at best.

The mercenary Wookie was decent but how many times did Boba have to be thrown across the room before we get the point that the Wookie is tough? 5?

First thing I thought of when I saw the "bikes"...

1642105067693.png

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wowww.

This was cool!

And Danny!!!!

But…

What were they thinking with his new crew?

View attachment 537883

Also.

Whats up with his helmet on and off so inconsistantly???
Yeah, I was happily surprised he's on the show. Perfect fit as the Rancor Whisperer. lol

Boba should keep his helmet on more. That's what made him cool originally, when he appeared out of nowhere and no one knew who he was, but he was kicking butt.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Just watched episode 3 again, and I completely agree with this take. The "chase" scene was an incredibly weak part of the story. Everything about it was lacking.

Reaction score
It was more The Mandallorian this time, but gosh did I love this episode.

A lot of throwbacks (certain ships, weapons, and people), a commercial interstellar flight, and even some ambigious plays (hairy...).

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
** EPISODE 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

THAT'S STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!

:hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1:

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

I won't give out any spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet - SO WATCH IT SOON SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT!

Be sure to stick around for the funny at the end.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Watched this last episode and I was left disappointed.

It was wholly unsatisfying. To begin with, it was 90% battle scenes. Baby Yoda felt totally forced and thrown in at the last minute. I hardly cared about any of the characters. The western motif was kind of fun, but it just didn’t work.

There were a couple of things I enjoyed but overall I found this episode really lacking.

maxb2k

Reaction score
Thé finale made me eat my words regarding the first episode. If you’re a Star Wars fan, it truly felt like watching one of the “good“ Star Wars films. I didn’t want it to end, and it left me wanting more.

Reaction score
No.

Don’t start that true star wars fan crap here.

Im a true star wars fan too, but I found it ok (including part 7) with some great parts along the way. Just like The Mandalorian.

Now Obi-Wan is something im really looking forward to, as EP1 is the first one I saw in the movies as a teen (after years of watching vhs with the OG movies).

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
Someone wrote something earlier about these shows sort of being long movies chopped into episodes - with the complaints about the first episode being slow going, because it was just the set-up... Anyway - I think the same idea applies to this last episode - because yes, it was 90% action... just like so many of 3rd reels of so many genre films.

The really great ones will keep the surprises and plot twists coming all through the action till the end. But sadly many (most?) just blow things up for 40 minutes or so.

To me, not the end of the world - but certainly not helped by the fact that these big action sequences are the hardest things for these shows to pull off on their budgets. Personally I just try and remember that these are not lesser quality movies placed on TV - but rather TV shows that are raising the bar as to what can be created without spending 100 million dollars and making the audience have to wait 3 years between installments.

Last thought - Through both this show's ad Mando's runs, I keep be struck be how much these shows remind me of 1950's-early 60's TV westerns - the Rifleman's, the Have Gun Will Travel's - not that there aren't major differences in scope and presentation - it's just something about the vibe of the storytelling that keeps bringing those shows to mind. Anyone else?