header.nohb.html

OT - bands or artists you’ve soured to.

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must've been looking in the mirror when he said that. I've been around him a few times and I've never seen a more pretentious passive-aggressive in my life. And I like KC.
Yup same here. Bill B was super nice and humble but ol’ Bobby F came off as a bit serial killer-esque.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we not rehash what others have as their personal stances? Please?
Nobody is interested in the members stance on this political/social thing or that.
And if they are … give ‘em a call and dish till your hearts content.
Just because we don’t agree with Hill-Larry is no reason to shine a light on something icky.
Thanks.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau.

Rusty Knorr

Reaction score
Dream Theater. JLB (who I now forever refer to as “the shrieking harpy”) has utterly ruined the band and made their music unlistenable to me. They used to be one of my favorite prog bands, now I can’t stand them. Yes, he has vocal damage, I get it. Step the F aside then, and let someone who can actually sing save the band before you destroy it, James. Go work at GC and tell everyone how famous you used to be. Just please, for the love of god, shut your mouth, just STOP!!!

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dream Theater. JLB (who I now forever refer to as “the shrieking harpy”) has utterly ruined the band and made their music unlistenable to me. They used to be one of my favorite prog bands, now I can’t stand them. Yes, he has vocal damage, I get it. Step the F aside then, and let someone who can actually sing save the band before you destroy it, James. Go work at GC and tell everyone how famous you used to be. Just please, for the love of god, shut your mouth, just STOP!!!
Can you post one of JLB’s most egregious vocal transgressions? I’m not familiar enough with DT to come up with one. Honest question. Might even be cathartic for you.

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
On the second page and I can’t believe no one has mentioned Metallica. Just hearing Lars talk makes cringe or laugh. Besides the fact I couldn’t listen to anything post “….And Justice” in the first place, I can’t even listen to that era anymore.

I had a 20-year love affair with Sting's solo work.

The Dream of the Blue Turtles
Nothing Like the Sun
The Soul Cages
Ten Summoner's Tales
Mercury Falling

With Brand New Day my interest was waning and with Sacred Love, I was like I'm out.

The Police are still one of my all-time favorite bands, but Sting has long since ruined the music I love whenever he plays it live. That reunion was the worse. Anything that had any elements of the punk in New Wave was watered down in Sting’s Muzak/new age approach.

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the second page and I can’t believe no one has mentioned Metallica. Just hearing Lars talk makes cringe or laugh. Besides the fact I couldn’t listen to anything post “….And Justice” in the first place, I can’t even listen to that era anymore.

The Police are still one of my all-time favorite bands, but Sting has long since ruined the music I love whenever he plays it live. That reunion was the worse. Anything that had any elements of the punk in New Wave was watered down in Sting’s Muzak/new age approach.
Same here. And I loved the Police back in their prime.

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Written by a young college student working as an Aquarium Mermaid … terminated for cause back in 2012. I remember when that went down.
Well I guess she has her fifteen minutes.
And from what I recall … she’s out one very expensive fish tail outfit.
Did you hear the scary one about when JC dove down into the depths of Lake Tahoe?

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you hear the scary one about when JC dove down into the depths of Lake Tahoe?

Wow. I’d not heard that story.
Cool.
So much wild stuff under water.
When I was working with a professor at a university in Florida, I assisted her with the research on several species of flat fish.
I was not aware of the life development of those little guys.
They are born with normally placed eyes and swimming like most others.
As they mature, the eyes literally “float” (migrate) across the head to one side (over a short period of time) and they slowly begin adjusting their swimming more flat with the eyes facing upwards.
Flipped me out.
Had no clue that went on.
So much most of us are clueless about when it comes to life under the sea.
Fascinating stuff.

EF8AFC5A-5609-4001-BA8E-9D7D3B7186D5.png

Rusty Knorr

Reaction score
Can you post one of JLB’s most egregious vocal transgressions? I’m not familiar enough with DT to come up with one. Honest question. Might even be cathartic for you.
This was literally the first video that came up when searching DT live.
If this doesn’t make you want to gouge out your own ears I don’t know what would (well, maybe Yoko Ono). 10 seconds into his trying to sing and I’m literally nauseous, it’s the worst “professional” singing I’ve ever heard live (except for maybe Yoko Ono. Jury is still out). Most bands have the decency to go into the studio to overdub the vocals (and virtually everything else) on these live concerts. The worst part is…maybe he did.
He should have been fired years ago, it would have been a mercy for him, the band, and the audience tortured by listening to him.

Of course, this is simply my opinion. Rabid DT sycophants want to crucify me for being honest. They hate me for saying Mangini is a better drummer than Portnoy, too. The truth must be told!

Rusty Knorr

Reaction score
Wow. I’d not heard that story.
Cool.
So much wild stuff under water.
When I was working with a professor at a university in Florida, I assisted her with the research on several species of flat fish.
I was not aware of the life development of those little guys.
They are born with normally placed eyes and swimming like most others.
As they mature, the eyes literally “float” (migrate) across the head to one side (over a short period of time) and they slowly begin adjusting their swimming more flat with the eyes facing upwards.
Flipped me out.
Had no clue that went on.
So much most of us are clueless about when it comes to life under the sea.
Fascinating stuff.

View attachment 595728
Yeah, I can’t stand that band now either.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau.
Dude! I was such a Cousteau fan growing up!!! Had all his encyclopedia, watched his movies an TV programs. I now am a scuba enthusiast much thanks to him ;-) I was all giddy when Wes Anderson spoofed his whole schtick in "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". Still one of my favorite movies to this day...

Rusty Knorr

Reaction score
Dude! I was such a Cousteau fan growing up!!! Had all his encyclopedia, watched his movies an TV programs. I now am a scuba enthusiast much thanks to him ;-) I was all giddy when Wes Anderson spoofed his whole schtick in "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". Still one of my favorite movies to this day...
I know! They just haven’t sounded the same as those early albums. Damn.

Jay-Dee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He speaks very highly of you.

Muns

Reaction score
Did you even read the lyrics in question?
That doesn‘t mention Jewish people … you would have to make a HUGE assumption that the only people in charge of the Media are of the Jewish faith.
He is a Christian that is upset with the government decisions and how the media plays in step with them.
Perhaps these people that wrote it on this here internet have a thing about that jab?
Carry your water if you like, but maybe keep things factual in the future and avoid the political crap so prevalent online.
We avoid posting political stuff in posts on the drum forum as it is against the rules here.
Maybe you should not have posted it in the first place?
Glad you said it. Covid is extremely political.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ok, until this post, I had never heard of Hilary Jones.
I pulled up a couple of YouTube videos and honestly she may be the best female drummer I have ever seen. Just wow!

Then I read a post by Tommy Igoe that blasted her for some post she made (I haven’t seen it), but if what he says about it is true, I don’t really care to ever check in on her or her playing again.

So again, I have difficulty separating the art from the artist. And in cases like this, I’m ok with that.
Just have to interject about the best female drummer I’ve ever seen. Saw her live in concert several years ago with Curtis Lundy on bass and Carmen Lundy singing. TLC was a force of nature.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Look, some people are just one throne guys, ya know?

I think the context was “that one throne seller/maker that Sucherman used to use/buy from”
I saw Todd Sucherman in a clinic several years ago. Monster drummer and nicest guy in the world. The post wasn’t clear to me. So, when it seemed that he was analogizing, implying that Sucherman said something that caused him to lose a throne endorsement, it caught my attention.