header.nohb.html

OT Batten down your hatches in Buffalo.

Polska

DFO Master
Reaction score
2.5 inches in the northtowns, but in the southtowns where the game was to take place...(just saw this posted) - it's still coming down:

stadium.jpg

Stixnergard2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Current data for Orchard Park on the 11:00 pm news is 66”. I live just north of Buffalo near Pendleton and Lockport. We have 2” on the ground and will be getting 5-8” through tomorrow. We are super lucky living on the edge of the mess.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, I sincerely miss living there.
We would get hit with those total white out storms.
It was seriously cool.
Couldn’t go to work … so we would grab the toboggan and hit the hills.
We had a blast.
It was a magical place walking to the coffee shop after a deep snow.
Even junkyards looked incredibly beautiful covered with a sparkly deep white layer.
Just stunning.
After 48 harsh Canadian winters, I can tell ya that feeling stays with me for the first 3-4 snowy days and/or maybe Christmas week.

Beyond that it's waving your fist at the snowplow driver who buries the parking space you had just spent 2hrs shoveling clean.

It's risking your life shoveling your house's roof after each storm.

It's no longer feeling your toes after a 2 blocks walk.

It's thousands of road-bound imbeciles who never took the time to learn how to drive in icy/snowy conditions and/or think they can get by with "4 seasons" tires...

It's unloading and re-loading the band's trailer in temperatures thatt turns your spine into one giant bone marrow Mr. Freeze.

Oh I still got plenty and could go on forever ... But yeah, for a minute here and there, it can be magical... !!! ;-)

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's 8pm right now here in kona area of Hawaii and the temp has cooled down to a pleasant 78. Was 86 earlier which was good for snorkeling but a little warm for just walking around. Aloha.
:angryfire:

We didn't get the Buffalo snow here, but it got down to 17 last night - single digit wind chills now.
1668865957590.png

Last edited:

multijd

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snow band shifted.

Attachments

• E0D23263-F90E-4263-9D97-C4587A40B90C.jpeg
    E0D23263-F90E-4263-9D97-C4587A40B90C.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 18

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 48 harsh Canadian winters, I can tell ya that feeling stays with me for the first 3-4 snowy days and/or maybe Christmas week.

Beyond that it's waving your fist at the snowplow driver who buries the parking space you had just spent 2hrs shoveling clean.

It's risking your life shoveling your house's roof after each storm.

It's no longer feeling your toes after a 2 blocks walk.

It's thousands of road-bound imbeciles who never took the time to learn how to drive in icy/snowy conditions and/or think they can get by with "4 seasons" tires...

It's unloading and re-loading the band's trailer in temperatures thatt turns your spine into one giant bone marrow Mr. Freeze.

Oh I still got plenty and could go on forever ... But yeah, for a minute here and there, it can be magical... !!! ;-)
I’ve often wondered how you guys up in Canada manage through the winter. I spent 4 years in ice cold Boston and did nothing but complain for 5 months out of the year while a good friend of mine in Quebec just sat back and laughed at me. I was very close to doing my masters at Université Laval and I guess I just chickened out.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve often wondered how you guys up in Canada manage through the winter. I spent 4 years in ice cold Boston and did nothing but complain for 5 months out of the year while a good friend of mine in Quebec just sat back and laughed at me. I was very close to doing my masters at Université Laval and I guess I just chickened out.
Oh boy! I lived there for 6 years, Quebec City is COOOOOOOLD in the winter. Mostly on account of being right on the St-Lawrence river. The humidity will go right through any clothes you have and chill your soul. Well I heard there are some Okay universities in and around Boston, so I guess it turned out alright for you ;-)

Rik_Everglade

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just moved out of Buffalo 2 months ago. We relocated to Richmond, Virginia to be closer to our son and daughter in law, warmer climate, lower taxes, etc. We built a beautiful home here and we love it.
The first part is all good, but Virginia has different taxes...not necessarily lower taxes. I lived there. Wait until you see your personal property taxes every year for everything, even that old boat trailer and canoe.

rpludwig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
lived there my first 20 years b4 escaping to Ohio, then NC.....don't miss it a bit other than:

Andersons
Swistons
Niagara-on-the-lake
Smith boys for the boat
Anchor bar
War Memorial & Offerman stadiums
Putt-Putt golf
Sheridan Park GC
the NFTA downtown for a quarter
hitchhiking downtown, no worries
Henry's hamburgers 5 cents
Opening of the Youngman (I-290)
Palace Burlesque too!
Castle Supper Club behind Northtowne Plaza - gig was GK, Ventura, Wilson, Gene sat down at our table for 20 min on a break, chatted/drank/smoked, but I've told that story here many times....

rpludwig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
forgot:

Allentown (quite appropriate these days)
Ted's Hot Dogs
Sahlens (they actually sell 'em here in NC!)
Kemp/Dubenion/Sustak/Bemiller/Dunnaway/McDole
Jim Kelly (I have his shoes!)

I Don't miss:
Stupid property taxes
Wide right
Thurman couldn't find his helmet
Shoveling snow driveways for $2
getting outta the house thru 2nd flr dormer after a big snow blow

All you old Bflo folks can relate!

Last edited:

rpludwig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
“getting outta the house thru 2nd flr dormer after a big snow blow”

Should have read:

“Getting outta the house thru 2nd flr dormer when girlfriends parents came home unexpectedly “
LOL, actually I hid under the bed when they came home to pick up a forgotten wedding gift....whew!!!!