OT: Bring on the cold!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome, Bandit. As a nearly 50 year hockey player, I would love that in my backyard. Kudos!

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Respect. We don’t do that where I live. Pretty amazing.

Would love to see you set up one of your double bass kits on that and do a jam.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Where Bandit lives I swear they count the minutes all Summer long till they can do this.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is just too neato.
One of the Universities I attended was up in Sault Ste Marie. I loved it. GREAT hockey team. Several of my classmates went into the NHL. I was studying Biology ... and I don’t ice skate ... so I never hit the ice myself.
I loved attending the games. We always had front row seats waiting for us ... right up against the glass and right with the players. The players really took care of me and my family. They had player trading cards. They would sign them and give them to my son ... preschool at the time. Every game, they made sure my boy got a puck from the game. They were so cool to my family. Those are the only hockey games I‘ve ever attended.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. In California we have a name for that. It’s called a swimming pool. Today was 76 and sunny. I’m still in shorts and a t-shirt with flip flops at 8:53 p.m.
In Northern California we have a name for it as well: skate park.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
That is just too neato.
One of the Universities I attended was up in Sault Ste Marie. I loved it. GREAT hockey team. Several of my classmates went into the NHL. I was studying Biology ... and I don’t ice skate ... so I never hit the ice myself.
I loved attending the games. We always had front row seats waiting for us ... right up against the glass and right with the players. The players really took care of me and my family. They had player trading cards. They would sign them and give them to my son ... preschool at the time. Every game, they made sure my boy got a puck from the game. They were so cool to my family. Those are the only hockey games I‘ve ever attended.
Thanks buddy!

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Being an Arizonan I can count on one hand how many times I've ice skated, but that would be really neat to have in our yard if I could skate.

The city of Mesa parks department puts an ice rink up in downtown Mesa every year, complete with a stage for local bands. Our guitarist works for the parks dept (he says it's nothing like the show Parks & Rec) and is/was actually in charge of it and one year we played there. He was short-staffed so he had to jump down during our set to run the Zamboni! Of course our singer introduced the band: "Mr P-Body on bass, Ringo Fire on drums, Roger Singleton on Zamboni, and I'm Daylon!"

20161217_193151.jpg

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm 20 miles at the most from the border in northern NH. It was 66 degrees today 12/1. Did your ice get a bit damp?
The top got a bit moist today, but it is still a few days away from being totally frozen. It is around 35 degrees every day this week, and below 0 every night. Maybe by the weekend we can get on it. I am a bit early, but wanted to build it on warmer days.