OT, but forum related.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
In the last couple of days I've had a banner - I don't know what else to call it - appear at the bottom of my screen when I log on asking for my "permission to enable push notifications".

Anyone know anything about these?

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
When I get pushed, I don't reckon I need to be notified.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yea Just tell it to shut up and it'll go away
there's a click to never be notified again which you know is a lie but click it anyway

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
click it ... click it ... CLICK IT CLICK IT CLICK IT CLICK IT CLICK IT

Reactions: JDA

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's the forum asking permission to notify you on your device about forum activity. Trying to boost traffic and therefore ad revenue. You can click "no thanks" and that should be that. I did so and haven't seen it again.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We already get notified of what we subscribe to here in the form of an email, for which I get notifications on my phone.

orvilleb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When Push comes to Shove, I usually decline. Got enough distractions and alerts.... Question??? For those who use iPad or similar devices during a gig: Do you turn off WiFi or network connection to avoid pop up/push notifications? That could be a distraction if it interrupted a scrolling of song lyrics.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
When Push comes to Shove, I usually decline. Got enough distractions and alerts.... Question??? For those who use iPad or similar devices during a gig: Do you turn off WiFi or network connection to avoid pop up/push notifications? That could be a distraction if it interrupted a scrolling of song lyrics.
On my Android, I use the Do Not Disturb feature. Not as severe as Airplane mode so I can still access internet or play Spotify through the PA during breaks, but I don't get my wife texting me to pick up milk until after the gig.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the message:

View attachment 397785

Message is in Light Yellow Here at the bottom ^^^^
I think we all got it. Either enable it (no biggie) or opt out. It's not an ad or other 3rd party thing. It's the forum software asking if you want to enable a feature.