OT: Car Speak....

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars (Or trucks) (or anything with four wheels allowed on the road)

Last edited:

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
New car, my own money and maintained and gassed on the company dime - Kia Telluride Nightfall Edition. My current VW Touareg is same. I have a gas card and a monthly stipend to keep it maintained, but I bought it. I drive well over 40000 miles a year.

Used car for fun - Porsche Cayman S.

I bought my wife a 2020 KIA Forte GT-Line back in September. It's a very nice car and it didn't cost a lot of money. Kia is doing some good stuff now.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggestions of two, but in this Fantasy (only) picking One..
Not buying two you are buying (with a secondary in no order choice) one

One with a secondary choice.
Only going to own (buy) one ; )

For this exercise it's One vehicle (with a secondary choice/toss up)

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
for awhile my unpractical fantasy side was whispering
Acura NSX
BMW i8

Jazz Turkey

Reaction score
Cars (Or trucks) (or anything with four wheels allowed on the road)

what.... (give ya two choices.... Of New car would you like to own these days. What's on your mind..

I'll go
Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 or
Audi Q5

nothing too fancy with option packages or performance up ticks. Just a mid to base of either.
My size enough room to get to gig and back Some excitement under the gas pedal and in the steering wheel. that's enough

Go
Are those Benz’s worth the premium price tag? Never been in one. Heard the maintenance is expensive, too. I been a bit put off, but maybe it’s a question (or answer) or value.

And to the point. I’ve been eyeing the Mazda 3 hatchback for a new car.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those Benz’s worth the premium price tag?
that's the baby suv Benz stay away from options and they are $40K deal (my daughter sells them new (and 11 other makes)
But it's the "people's Benz Turk ; ) and yes still solid as ever
I’ve been eyeing the Mazda 3 hatchback for a new car.
my daughter sells those let me get you into the deal)
and They've always good review
`````````````````

and turk thread is hypothetical !

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are those Benz’s worth the premium price tag? Never been in one. Heard the maintenance is expensive, too. I been a bit put off, but maybe it’s a question (or answer) or value.

And to the point. I’ve been eyeing the Mazda 3 hatchback for a new car.
That Mazda 3 HB is a very cool car. Not sure if the hatchback is big enough for a 14x22 in a bag or case, though.

1611091512457.jpeg

1611091563875.jpeg

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw one of those (with a stick shift) bad az lil car..
it doesn't suck. Even thought it has an auto. Co-worker liked mine so much, he went and got the Forte GT with the turbo and paddle shifters. He also got 18" wheels too. I'm sure 10 years from now, we will all be asking what was up with the black wheel fad in the late teens. For now, I'm down with it.

Kia Forte GT-Line EDIT.jpg

Reactions: JDA

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love driving my 2015 Acura RDX (like a Honda CRV, but with a 274-HP six-cylinder), though I don't do much driving these days ... less than 50 miles a week, probably. Great, comfortable car with plenty of room.

My next car will be VW's all-electric Microbus... I've always wanted a VW bus -- and the all-electric one has the advantage of being on a bigger platform for more range. Looks like it'll arrive in a couple of years.

When it comes to Kia, I'll never forget the guy who stood outside a local dealership for days, maybe weeks, with a huge sign that said "Kia Screwed Me! Engine failed at 30,000 miles." Yes, it was 20-plus years ago and it was one of the reasons for the current 100,000-mile warranty, but there are plenty of cars without that kind of history.

I also feel that buying a Subaru would make my friends think I'm a Vulfpeck/Snarky Puppy fan.

Oh, I have opinions about cars...

Did y'all know that RAM 2500 drivers are twice as likely to have a DUI? True fact!

Report: Ram 2500 Drivers Twice as Likely Drunk Drivers (motorbiscuit.com)

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Early 70s Cadillac El Dorado with Crown Royal purple metallic paint, gold trim, shaved door handles, gold 22” Daytons with three spoke true knock offs and a crate engine from GM. I would want air ride so I could drop it in the parking lot. Interior would be premium drum dyed leather that matches the paint, with lots of gold plated bits in the interior, and I would want a killer stereo system. Frame/undercarriage would be powder coated crown royal purple metallic.

• Haha

Dillasdonuts

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a fantasy car, I would love to have a DeLoreon. I would get it modified as a Back to the Future car. Or I would buy one already converted.

For practicality, I like my 2017 Honda Fit. With the seats down I can fit my Superstar set in there. I’m lazy and I don’t want to put the seats down so I’m hoping for a bop kit after I sell the Superstar.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toyota 4 Runner . No bells and whistles-simpler the better , standard shift if possible . No turbo , no Eco boost either .

1975 Ford F 250 Windsor block V-8

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever it is, it MUST be electric. My current car is a 2017 Chevy Volt and I'll never go back to a gas-only vehicle again, even for fantasy purposes. (Well, if somebody drove up to my house in a '63 'Vette split-window with a 327 fuelie in Nassau Blue and handed me the keys and pink slip, I wouldn't turn it down.)

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
in this thread straddling opposite sides of an imaginary fence allowed
o~o

Last edited:

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
For a fantasy car, I would love to have a DeLoreon. I would get it modified as a Back to the Future car. Or I would buy one already converted.

For practicality, I like my 2017 Honda Fit. With the seats down I can fit my Superstar set in there. I’m lazy and I don’t want to put the seats down so I’m hoping for a bop kit after I sell the Superstar.
I have driven and sold a Delorean, interesting car, should have a V8, but the body was cool.

MustangMick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First choice for me would be a new Ford F-150 Hybrid.

1611101045271.png

1611101086752.png

Second choice would be a Mustang Mach E. The only reason it is in second place is that I'm not sure the charging infrastructure is there for cross country trips. (I'm betting that it will be within a year or two.)

1611101165379.png

Last edited: