OT: CenterStageM and Official Drummer

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
CenterStageM, which later became Official Drummer, was a forum that shut down a few years ago. I know there's many of you who know the site, because I know you from there. A few months ago, the site relaunched quietly and then shut down quickly with no notice. Augie, whom I've never met and who I only had a couple of instances of direct contact with, ran and owned the site. He was always nice to me and seemed like a genuinely good guy. With the site disappearing so quickly, I never knew what happened. Has anyone here stayed in contact with him? I'd just like to know of he's doing well.

No need to answer publicly, or at all, if it is giving away personal information Augie would like to keep private.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
CenterStageM, which later became Official Drummer, was a forum that shut down a few years ago. I know there's many of you who know the site, because I know you from there. A few months ago, the site relaunched quietly and then shut down quickly with no notice. Augie, whom I've never met and who I only had a couple of instances of direct contact with, ran and owned the site. He was always nice to me and seemed like a genuinely good guy. With the site disappearing so quickly, I never knew what happened. Has anyone here stayed in contact with him? I'd just like to know of he's doing well.

No need to answer publicly, or at all, if it is giving away personal information Augie would like to keep private.
Start your own site.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember that site from about 10 years ago. The site owner decided to put a bunch of yahoos in charge of moderating and a mass exodus occurred shortly there after. I believe the problem began when they decided to "prefer" a specific website for all their "group buying" power, yet the site never gave any discounts and those of us that complained got treated terribly. Haven't missed it and haven't even thought about it in years. Surprised I remember the fiasco at all.

Not surprised the site didn't survive the poor management.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember that site from about 10 years ago. The site owner decided to put a bunch of yahoos in charge of moderating and a mass exodus occurred shortly there after. I believe the problem began when they decided to "prefer" a specific website for all their "group buying" power, yet the site never gave any discounts and those of us that complained got treated terribly. Haven't missed it and haven't even thought about it in years. Surprised I remember the fiasco at all.

Not surprised the site didn't survive the poor management.
That's unfortunate. I never heard anything about that, but then I was never looking to buy anything through the site. It never occurred to me.