header.nohb.html

OT - Coolio dead at 59

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm not a big rap fan but he's a big name in the industry and just 59. Wow...

1664464879280.png

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I tried to find a Youtube of it but couldn't, but I remember seeing Wayne Newton covering Gangsters Paradise on TV once.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
I found this:

While at a friend's Los Angeles house on September 28, 2022, Coolio was discovered unresponsive on a bathroom floor. He was pronounced dead by first responders. He was 59 years old at the time of his death. Police have opened an investigation into his death, though foul play is not suspected, and Coolio's manager stated he appeared to have had a heart attack.[46][47]

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the style myself but big respect for the roll he played in pioneering the field, RIP and my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
You guys are bad at eulogizing ... "Gangsta's Paradise" was genius. It can't be easy when the first song you're associated with gets such an enormous reaction that everything that comes after is judged by an impossible-to-meet standard.

It also can't be easy to meet outsized expectations for you to roll like a rock star 24/7 three decades later.

Seemed like a good Dude and I'm sure there are a lot of people who miss him and, like me, think it's more than distasteful that some people greet the news with unfounded speculation about the cause of his death.

R.I.P. Coolio.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are bad at eulogizing ... "Gangsta's Paradise" was genius. It can't be easy when the first song you're associated with gets such an enormous reaction that everything that comes after is judged by an impossible-to-meet standard.

It also can't be easy to meet outsized expectations for you to roll like a rock star 24/7 three decades later.

Seemed like a good Dude and I'm sure there are a lot of people who miss him and, like me, think it's more than distasteful that some people greet the news with unfounded speculation about the cause of his death.

R.I.P. Coolio.

Quote the post that did this.