OT deal: Sony Playstation 3 60gb $39.99

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Thanks, I picked one up. Same price as a new controller! BTW how did you find that? I searched the site and couldn't find it.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I picked one up. Same price as a new controller! BTW how did you find that? I searched the site and couldn't find it.
I wondered that too. I was a little hesitant to click on the link and order, so I went to the Target website. I couldn't find it by clicking through the menus, so I searched "Playstation 3 60GB" and it came up.

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score
IT'S A MISPRINT

The description below the ad does not match the picture and item. I tried to order one anyhow, while reading carefully. Sure enough.... when you get to the verification of order page at the end, it says the correct item, which is a "move" shooter controller or something (the same thing that was in the item description). Hope I'm making sense.

Anyhow........DANGIT! I don't game but I wanted the blu-ray player and wi-fi netflix capability for the bedroom. Oh well.

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Nowhere on my order does it say "move" shooter. It says "PlayStation 3 Computer Entertainment System with 60GB Hard Drive". I'm still taking the chance. If it shows up as a "move" shooter I can simply return it and get my money back. I was so skeptical about the link that I added it to the shopping cart and then closed the page and went to the Target website myself and there it was in the cart :drunken:

I noticed the item is no longer on the site too. I'll let you know in the next few weeks if it was too good to be true.

Bluesman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nowhere on my order does it say "move" shooter. It says "PlayStation 3 Computer Entertainment System with 60GB Hard Drive". I'm still taking the chance. If it shows up as a "move" shooter I can simply return it and get my money back. I was so skeptical about the link that I added it to the shopping cart and then closed the page and went to the Target website myself and there it was in the cart :drunken:

I noticed the item is no longer on the site too. I'll let you know in the next few weeks if it was too good to be true.
Mine also says "PlayStation 3 Computer Entertainment System with 60GB Hard Drive".
They're blowing these out because the new ones are 160gb, but the newer version is also $300.
Anyway worth the chance,cause it's no prob to take it to a Target and get a refund.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Just my experience here guys but if Target did have it as a misprint, they will cancel your order. I once tried to grab a child seat (which should have been $200) for $60. Cancelled.

Bluesman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just my experience here guys but if Target did have it as a misprint, they will cancel your order. I once tried to grab a child seat (which should have been $200) for $60. Cancelled.
I reckon we'll see...

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Too good to be true, order cancelled this afternoon. Apparently it was listed on Amazon as well. I'm glad they figured it out on their end as I hate sending stuff back!

I still thank you for the head's up as it was worth taking a chance. Credit card was never charged.

Bluesman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
me too. cancelled. oh well, ya win some - ya lose some.