OT: Death Before Recording Korn's Newest CD

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Korn's newest CD became available yesterday, 9/13/19.

After I bought it, I looked it up on Wikipedia.

I found out that the lead singer's wife died not long before they recorded it. Wikipedia said that you can occasionally hear him crying during the recording and they decided to leave it in. It's especially noticeable at the end of the first song.

I felt really bad for him.

Anyone else pick it up? What did you think?

Last edited:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Sad. Weren’t they estranged at the end?
You know “Shoots and Ladders”? The song that starts “Ring around the Rosie’s... Pocket full of posies”?
When I heard that, it ruined all Korn for me.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Slightly OT to the OT topic but I think Ray Luzier is doing a great job since he took Dave Silveria's spot. I'm not a big Korn fan but Ray is holding it down for that type of music. His control of the kit is big and full sounding, partly because he has developed his left hand to lead at any time that the right hand is "busy with other stuff".

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Didn't Bozzio fill in after Silverio?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Yea and I think Mike Borden filled in for a bit, I love his playing as well. Borden is a powerhouse.
From Wiki:
After successfully recording six tracks with Bozzio for the untitled 2007 album, Zac Baird announced that Bozzio would not be touring with the band on the Family Values Tour 2007. Jonathan Davis claims "things just got weird [with Bozzio]." Brooks Wackerman of Bad Religion was brought in to record some tracks, and even Jonathan Davis himself contributed, something not done since 1999's Issues.

Latest posts