OT - Does anyone still watch The Walking Dead?

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Been watching from the beginning but I am about to give up. Anyone else hanging in there?

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This show is terrible, yet we have watched it from the beginning. Guess that says more about my wife and I, and not the show. Thank goodness for Game of Thrones on Sunday night.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I quit a while back, too slow and a little soap opera-like at times, and it seems like the characters take turns nutting up, redundantly. I might watch it without commercials if it gets to Netflix or Prime.
Just sayin', a sawed of pump shotgun will clear a big-ass area of zombies or humans, NOBODY is that good with pistols. I can suspend disbelief but not logic. Of course, THAT rules out the lion's share of shows, hmmm.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been with it from the beginning too and thought it was getting a bit stale... heck it is almost a decade old. However, I thought this last season had a pretty good turn in the last several episodes... don't worry no spoilers here from me. But tell me that this season's finale wasn't up there with some of the best episodes of the franchise!

I think the franchise is at a pivotal point with casting, not too unlike what SNL goes through. Once they work that out a bit more I think they'll get back on track. I'd say the zombies (save the really big hordes and whisperers) aren't really a great factor anymore... I would think with this many years into the zombie apocalypse most would see them as a nuisance like flies/mosquitos/mice and the like. With that, I do like the new antagonists they introduced at the end of last season and carried into this season and I'm looking forward to the next season.

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of this past season and said I'm done. I couldn't do it anymore.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
If you want to apply logic, why fuss at pistol vs shotgun, when they're trying to kill things already dead?

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm still hanging in there. I did give up on Fear the Walking Dead though.

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gave up a whole ago. My wife pointed out that they just walk around kill zombies or each other all the time. Once she said that I kinda realized that the plot points were slowly devolving and I justcouldnt get invested anymore.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
If you want to apply logic, why fuss at pistol vs shotgun, when they're trying to kill things already dead?
Numbers, a sawed off shotgun scatters, those mobs of walkers that they fight through with pistols and knives could be flattened by one blast from a scatter gun, logically, how would you not have that in a zombie world?

Last edited:

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I used to really look forward to Sunday nights and watching The Walking Dead and then Talking Dead. I lost track a while ago during the war with Negan, which seemed to go on and on (for all I know, it's still going on). I might try and pick things up again when I get time.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
S9 was largely a waste of time. I liked 2 episodes the whole season(the 2 before the finale). I think the writers came up with those episodes and had zero idea how to get to them. TWD is a "run out the clock" TV show. There was one episode this season that probably could have been ten minutes on a better show.

Dan

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I lost patience and interest a few seasons ago. At the beginning, the drama revolved largely around the question of the different ways people psychologically survive and move forward under such hostile and traumatic circumstances, which is a fascinating range to explore. When it became more about cartoon bad guys performing gratuitous cruelty, that was the end for me. I can get that just by reading the day's news.

Tigerdrummer

Reaction score
Nope. Never have. That topic or concept has just never ever interested to me. In this show or movies it just isnt my thing.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Up to Glen and Abraham being off’d, then I was done.
Yep...that's where I got off too.

Honestly it was the recurring stupidity of the characters that made me bail. Like watching "the girl who trips and gets eaten" in every horror movie ever made-over and over and over and over...again. Take all the talent and resources available to Rick's group from the first episode up until Negin, minus 80% of the easily avoidable stupidity, and you would have had a killer group fortified, stocked, and able to take on pretty much any and all comers.

It got to the point where I was actually HOPING Rick would get whacked...

lol

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Watch an episode here and there,watched most of ricks last season.
Nothing regular a few years.

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I lost patience and interest a few seasons ago. At the beginning, the drama revolved largely around the question of the different ways people psychologically survive and move forward under such hostile and traumatic circumstances, which is a fascinating range to explore. When it became more about cartoon bad guys performing gratuitous cruelty, that was the end for me. I can get that just by reading the day's news.
I think that's my thing. My wife and I loved it at first because you could really connect with the characters. But when Negan came in, something changed. I know they changed show runners and that's probably the big problem because now it seems to be nothing but a "B" rated horror movie that relies on shock. It's a damn shame too because it was once one of the better written engaging dramas on TV. I guess I am sticking in there because I have invested so much into it and I am a fan of the comics but man.....it's getting hard to hang in.