OT - El Camino on Netflix

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I just finished watching it and thought it was pretty good. It gets more into Jessie’s story while he was being held captive in that hole and what happens from where Breaking Bad ends.

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I loved it as well. Not enough to want to see it a 2nd time but I feel I've gotten closure on the character. Aaron Paul does a remarkable job.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Not sure what the time lapse was between Breaking Bad and the filming of the “movie” but it must be significant because the characters have certainly aged.

It was interesting to watch the character of Todd Alquist specifically, played by Jesse Plemons of Friday Night Lights, who looked like he aged 10 years and put on 50 lbs. Either way he played a very interesting, original and convincing psychopath.

I really liked that scene with Jesse and Walter. It was pure camp and nostalgia but it brought you back to good or their version of it and I thought that was powerful.

My favorite character by far was Robert Forster from Jackie Brown, always the adult in the room. Perhaps I flaked but what was the deal with the letter Jesse gave him to read at the end?

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Not sure what the time lapse was between Breaking Bad and the filming of the “movie” but it must be significant because the characters have certainly aged.

It was interesting to watch the character of Todd Alquist specifically, played by Jesse Plemons of Friday Night Lights, who looked like he aged 10 years and put on 50 lbs. Either way he played a very interesting, original and convincing psychopath.

I really liked that scene with Jesse and Walter. It was pure camp and nostalgia but it brought you back to good or their version of it and I thought that was powerful.

My favorite character by far was Robert Forster from Jackie Brown, always the adult in the room. Perhaps I flaked but what was the deal with the letter Jesse gave him to read at the end?
I read on IMDB that it was addressed to Brock, the little boy. Probably a goodbye letter or something

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Robert Forster passed as the movie came out, he always was a force to deal with in his roles, RIP.

Last edited:

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I read on IMDB that it was addressed to Brock, the little boy. Probably a goodbye letter or something
I see, that is just the type of sentimentality that can be your undoing in the end.

Now Forster’s character of the Fixer’s expression makes more sense to me.

He was likely thinking; this is a bad idea, do I try explaining that to the kid? No, I’ll just wait for him to leave and burn it in the snow bank. Always the adult in the room.

SpinaDude

Reaction score
I really loved it. I thought it was exceptionally well done. I was hoping for some things that weren't in there, like I wanted to see him meet Skylar. But that wasn't the story they wanted to tell.

Last edited:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I liked it. Put a ray of hope into what was a completely morbid series!

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
I watched it, and being almost a superfan of Breaking Bad, I had high expectations. I liked it a lot.
Vince Gilligan (still crack up at that last name) has a very recognizable photographic and directorial style; I'm glad he went to the movie format. There are no bad actors in his productions. The scripts are love 'em or hate 'em; I happen to like the slow burn approach.
Robert Forster was a pleasant surprise, as was Walter White. We missed out on this season's Better Call Saul, because I don't have a DVR....but I'm looking for it on Netflix or elsewhere. Count me as a fan of that show, too.

Latest posts