OT: Excitement in the Neighborhood

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This morning around 7:30, I noticed two black Tahoe SUV’s in front of my house. As I looked closer I noticed several more police vehicles and a couple USPS vehicles (cars with the logo) up the street and four or five policemen with flak vests and police logos. From what I could tell three different police agencies involved including the US Postal Service Police. They were in the my neighbor’s house next door.
Thing is, he’s a police officer as well. His mom lives up the street and they weren’t letting her go in the house so she was hanging out. I could see them talking to him in his backyard from my kitchen window as well. After an hour, I saw they brought out a lot of bags and put them in one of the SUV’s. And then they left. Without my neighbor.

Now, I’m really curious...

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem solved. I just got a visit from my neighbor. Apparently they had a tenant who was the subject. I thought it was very cool that he and his wife came over. They’re walking around the neighborhood now knocking on doors apologizing for the excitement. He did say they handcuffed him because he’s got weapons in the house and said that’s normal procedure. Whew!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was your neighbor, I'd use the Landlord defense (if I'd thought of it), but the Feds handcuffing a fellow cop (while outside) and removing evidence from the house suggests to me that he's been up to some shenanigans.

Last edited:

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had something similar a few weeks ago. Heard sirens. Sounded very close and not like on the busy roads further away. Looked out and about 4 police cars are filling the cul de sac across from us. Then the squad comes a bit later. Turned out to be a behavioral issue a few houses away. A few years ago our daughter had something like near her. Turned out dad and son in law had a gun fight. They didnt hit each other but SIL shot his wifes sister in the arm. Not what you want about 4 houses from the grand kids

Germandrummer

Reaction score
This morning around 7:30, I noticed two black Tahoe SUV’s in front of my house. As I looked closer I noticed several more police vehicles and a couple USPS vehicles (cars with the logo) up the street and four or five policemen with flak vests and police logos. From what I could tell three different police agencies involved including the US Postal Service Police. They were in the my neighbor’s house next door.
Thing is, he’s a police officer as well. His mom lives up the street and they weren’t letting her go in the house so she was hanging out. I could see them talking to him in his backyard from my kitchen window as well. After an hour, I saw they brought out a lot of bags and put them in one of the SUV’s. And then they left. Without my neighbor.

Now, I’m really curious...
Even in Germany this is a "normal" procedure if a search warrant is carried out and the accused person is somehow linked to firearms (almost exclusively hunters and sports marksman over here, ok police officers as well). One big difference may be that we usually carry out these raids at night and we unfortunately don`t have Tahoes ;-)

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate being handcuffed and forced to sit in the gutter. I wish we could figure out a better way.