OT Favorite Clint Eastwood Movies

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
High Plains Drifter and Outlaw Jose Wales. One of my favorite lines from any movie was from Outlaw Jose Wales - "Dyin ain't much of a living boy"
Same here. Great movies. My buddy had me a shirt made with that line on it.

Mike

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magnum Force
So sad when Suzanne Somers gets killed in the beginning, but MAN she looked good in that bikini!
Oddly enough, I was just telling someone the other day...Man's got to know his limitations.
...but to answer the OP's question, I don't think there's one that I really don't like. Where Eagles Dare has a soft spot in my heart, though.

Elvis

Last edited:

chollyred2020

Reaction score
Boy! Too many to choose from. One that hasn't been mentioned is "Heartbreak Ridge". Not one of his best, but a fun movie. I just recently saw "The Mule" and thought it was good. "Gran Torino" was better. I love all of the western themed movies; with "Pale Rider" and "Unforgiven" being the top ones.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
My dad took me to see Dirty Harry at the drive-in when it first came out. I was 9 or 10 and it made a lasting impression. I loved it. We also went to see Kelly's Heroes. Another one I could watch over and over.

Really almost anything he's involved with. The man does good work.

Last edited:

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm with you guys on all the greats.

I have a soft spot for Firefox, early 80's thriller about a PTSD pilot stealing an advanced jet from the USSR. It's not good...actually borderline boring. But I really like it for some reason. Even owned the DVD at some point.

1619787120281.png

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
The thing about Clint is he still has “it” at the age of 90. I love all of his movies including all mentioned here. Now I hate “chick” films and I love most blood and gore movies but I will watch and enjoy Bridges Of Madison County. I have a thing for Merle Streep too in that movie with the accent she uses.

Furious Styles

Reaction score
Boy! Too many to choose from. One that hasn't been mentioned is "Heartbreak Ridge". Not one of his best, but a fun movie. I just recently saw "The Mule" and thought it was good. "Gran Torino" was better. I love all of the western themed movies; with "Pale Rider" and "Unforgiven" being the top ones.
Yep, the dialogue is awesome and Mario Van Peebles steals every scene.

fibes3

Reaction score
Paint Your Wagon.

(Just kidding).

A lot of great films mentioned already.

I have a soft spot for the spaghetti westerns and Kelly's Heroes (which seemed to be played disproportionately on a local TV channel when I was a kid).

Where Eagles Dare is a great early film, although you could say it is really Burton's showcase.

High Plains Drifter is an enigmatic film, and I think pairs well with his late western deconstruction, Unforgiven.

He has made some fine films as a director. One that he didn't star in, but that is excellent nonetheless, is Mystic River.

Gran Torino might be the standout of his late films that he both directed and starred in. And that's saying something, as several of the others are also excellent.

It's certainly quite a career with a number of distinct periods.
I loved Paint Your Wagon! Although it was Lee Marvin who made the movie.
Its probably the only musical I can tolerate.

Clint Eastwood is probably the only actor/director/producer whose movies I will always see.

Enjoyed the Spaghetti Western Trilogy, Kelly's Heroes, Two Mules for Sister Sarah, High Plains Drifter (Aka Pale Rider), the Dirty Harry Series, Tightrope etc.

American Sniper, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Invictus, Bird......

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He's done so many diverse movies that I had to look at his IMDB page for some others I may have overlooked

The Rookie with Charlie Sheen is not all that bad.. kind of formulaic Mutt & Jeff buddy police movie that was panned by the critics...but still watchable. ( for my unsophisticated tastes anyway)

One very good one.. was also A Perfect World with Kevin Costner as the bad guy during the week of the JFK assassination.

Thought he did a great job in Directing American Sniper... also should add Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil... great movie that he directed.

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heartbreak Ridge had me laughing so hard I farted many times. The characters shown were very similar to many guys in my platoon.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I like all of them, but for me its Bridges of Madison County.
There is nobody cooler than Clint Eastwood, the fact that he pulled that one off...and he did
speaks volumes about his talent.

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Escape from Alcatraz is one of my favs with him. He has some great dialogue. Most of his films have great one liners too.

Wxmaggot

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In no particular order:
Unforgiven
Pale Rider
Escape From Alcatraz
Gran Torino