OT. Festool domino

Salem street drums

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Any woodworkers own a FT domino cutter. I have a ton of slabs that I need to make legs / bases for. This tool is crazy expensive but would save me countless hours. I’m seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one.

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Crazy expensive but will last forever especially if your not in business as a woodworker. I have not seen the need for this particular tool in my shop and if I remember correctly the dominoes are very expensive as well. All I can add is that Festool is high quality well thought out engineered tools. I have had the 6" sander and dust extractor for over ten years and they are work horses. I have replaced the brushes in the sander twice but they are inexpensive and super easy to replace. This thing has sanded thousands if not millions of board feel.

jeffh

Reaction score
I don't own one but I've used them. Very handy but pricey, like all the Festool stuff. Keep in mind, though, it's pretty easy to make a generous supply of the dominoes yourself.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
The boys in the shop use it all the time. Basically a hand held tenon machine , quick, strong and precise . I would certainly use it for any furniture application especially narrow or thin stock where a biscuit would be too big. Easier than dowels as well. Yeah for a thousand bucks why not you could make your $ back on one table. By comparison ,
cheaper than a Lamello biscuit joiner!