OT: fireworks is now a contest.....my wife went to one of these.........

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had these in our neighborhood throughout June and July, and it drove my dog nuts.

A pox on all those who insist on fireworks on more than two nights a year -- the second being New Year's Eve.

gretschdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We had these in our neighborhood throughout June and July, and it drove my dog nuts.

A pox on all those who insist on fireworks on more than two nights a year -- the second being New Year's Eve.

And how do you judge fireworks displays? I know the sign of age is you can’t accept new things

But what’s next; shoestring lacing speed? Lol

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
And how do you judge fireworks displays? I know the sign of age is you can’t accept new things

But what’s next; shoestring lacing speed? Lol
Pyrotechnics is nothing new at a competitive level. We've being doing it here, as mentioned in the Wiki link, for over 35 years. in fact, a few of my close friends are pyro-technichians. When other countries compete in our international here the law requires that the operating technicians be licensed Canadians. In case you haven't figured it out yet, the fireworks displays are synchronized to different musical pieces & are (partly) judged on that aspect of punctuating the musical work. The music is broadcast on the radio so you can listen and watch, an ethereal experience both near the Jacques Cartier bridge in downtown Montreal or against the Montmorency waterfalls on the St Laurence river in Quebec City. These are not your average 4th of July cherry bombs. Much more magical and intense than lacing shoes...
international-des-feux-loto-quebec-la-ronde-montreal.jpg

Last edited:

gretschdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pyrotechnics is nothing new at a competitive level. We've being doing it here, as mentioned in the Wiki link, for over 35 years. in fact, a few of my close friends are pyro-technichians. When other countries compete in our international here the law requires that the operating technicians be licensed Canadians. In case you haven't figured it out yet, the fireworks displays are synchronized to different musical pieces & are (partly) judged on that aspect of punctuating the musical work. The music is broadcast on the radio so you can listen and watch, an ethereal experience both near the Jacques Cartier bridge in downtown Montreal or against the Montmorency waterfalls on the St Laurence river in Quebec City. These are not your average 4th of July cherry bombs. Much more magical and intense than lacing shoelaces... View attachment 462433
Hey I’m old and I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes

Just new and strange to me

I’m hardly one to judge stuff lol

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I live out in the woods in central AZ. Wild Fires are a constant threat here. California and Oregon are burning down, some fires caused by fireworks. The mere mention of the word FIREWORKS makes me cringe...

Reactions: MBB