OT: General Pictures Thread

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I remember watching that truck when it was the new kid on the block...that and swapbuggy racing....great memories. TNN baby! =D

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
mfryed2112 said:
Great pictures, man. I love the ones from Germany. My wife and I are going to Tuscany in October for a wedding. What area were y'all in? We'll be staying in Pozzuolo, just west of Lago Trasimeno.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dave in VA, I can't get my computer to paste or quote, but regarding your question about the photo in post #63, I worked in San Jose de Moro for five summers when I was in grad school. I have been a licensed archaeologist in Peru for over 20 years and work on a contract basis as a Smithsonian Expert in Peruvian archaeology and history.

Here is another picture of me working at Machu Picchu in 2016

Attachments

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Very cool, RogersLudwig.
When I was a little kid I wanted to be an archeologist....used to dig holes in the back yard all day long, looking for Dinosaur bones (because that's what Archeologists do, right? ;) )....not sure how I fell off that path.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Elvis said:
Very cool, RogersLudwig.
When I was a little kid I wanted to be an archeologist....used to dig holes in the back yard all day long, looking for Dinosaur bones (because that's what Archeologists do, right? ;) )....not sure how I fell off that path.
Ah, no. That would be paleontology, but I get that a lot!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
LOL!...well, I was like 6 years old. I think I should get some credit just knowing there's such a thing as an Archeologist. :laughing6:

sharky10c

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's one from my trip to Lake Placid in the Adirondacks region of New York about a month ago. Captured on Kodak Ektar 100 with a Mamiya RB67

img010.jpg

Dave in VA

Reaction score
RogersLudwig said:
Dave in VA, I can't get my computer to paste or quote, but regarding your question about the photo in post #63, I worked in San Jose de Moro for five summers when I was in grad school. I have been a licensed archaeologist in Peru for over 20 years and work on a contract basis as a Smithsonian Expert in Peruvian archaeology and history.

Here is another picture of me working at Machu Picchu in 2016
Do you ever come to DC to the museum? I live only an hour away and would love to meet up and learn about the Jivaro people and Tsantsas...
I have two "Tourist Heads" and Dr. Crocker at the museum was kind enough to authenticate the heads. I could never afford a real Tsantsa....

Dave in VA

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
Traveled to Paris and Nice, France last June. This acoustic was on a street corner by a trash pile.nice.jpg