OT: Getting 'spensive hauling drums...

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Regular has been hovering just below $4 a gallon here lately (sometimes just above). Cost me $86 to fill up my 6 cylinder Grand Cherokee. Make me feel bad and post your local prices!

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm in so cal - so I feel your pain. $4 - due to a "refinery issue" that we seem to have every year. It's a joke - we brew our own gas - it should be cheaper then places that have to haul it in.

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
$3.41 American, a US gallon in Ontario Canada, with the new Trudeau gas tax.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't looked this week, but when I filled up last week it was $2.38 here in Texas I'm sure it will keep creeping up by Summer

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Average now in Chattanooga TN area is $2.45. I filled up at a buyers club Saturday for $2.38 and was thrilled. Just 6 months ago it was $1.78 here... I NEVER thought I would see that again!

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Wow, can a few of you ship me a couple of gallons?

Reactions: Ely

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I'm paying $3 to $3.10 in NC. My Acura RDX needs to be babied with supreme (94 octane).

In Norway last summer, gas was roughly $8 a gallon -- and the Vikings invented the oil! Half the new cars sold there now are all-electric, Teslas, Leafs, e-Golfs and etc.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My neighborhood station has been as low as $2.30 lately and is currently at $2.55. I drive a VW Golf and my wife has a Subaru Outback and we both use regular. We're only filling up every two weeks each, so that's about $150 in a bad month. For a car city like Houston we're doing better than most.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
$2.69 down here in SW Florida. My old Chrysler minivan gets lousy mileage, maybe 15 MPG in town, 20 something on the highway.

What amazes me is guys who drive two hours down and back for a $100 gig. They end up making zilch after gas, and sometimes taxes. I guess they think it's a big deal to play a gig. They are deluded.

I try my best to keep it local. Once in a while, I'll take a gig that's an hour drive, or maybe a bit more. But only for good money.

Last edited:

Latest posts