OT: Got my Covid-19 Vaccination last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
National Guard took over a large abandoned parking lot in Tampa. Erected 3-4 enormous air conditioned tents.
No appointment, but you had to meet the age/profile parameters.
Local police wave you in from the road.
Volunteers and health officials clear you and direct you to park.
They pick you up in golf carts and ride you to the tents, Boom.
NG tell you to stay 6-8 ft apart, wave you in, boom.
NG directs you to an open table in Tent #1, Boom.
NG checks ID, ask basic health questions, ask which shot you want, give you a computer printed sticker to wear for shot confirmation, Boom.
NG waving out of tent and waving into tent #2, Boom.
NG direct you to a numbered vaccination station, Boom.
NG double checks info, asks which arm, Medic does the deed (Johnson & Johnson), Boom.
NG waving out of tent and other NG waving to Tent #3, Boom.
NG assigns me a distanced chair to wait for 15 minutes while other NG observe for possible side effects or reaction, Boom.
NG waves out of tent and we are done!!

All told, I was on site for less than 30 minutes and I estimate that they were processing about 300 people an hour.
the National Guard are worth every tax dollar we give them.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
National Guard took over a large abandoned parking lot in Tampa. Erected 3-4 enormous air conditioned tents.
No appointment, but you had to meet the age/profile parameters.
Local police wave you in from the road.
Volunteers and health officials clear you and direct you to park.
They pick you up in golf carts and ride you to the tents, Boom.
NG tell you to stay 6-8 ft apart, wave you in, boom.
NG directs you to an open table in Tent #1, Boom.
NG checks ID, ask basic health questions, ask which shot you want, give you a computer printed sticker to wear for shot confirmation, Boom.
NG waving out of tent and waving into tent #2, Boom.
NG direct you to a numbered vaccination station, Boom.
NG double checks info, asks which arm, Medic does the deed (Johnson & Johnson), Boom.
NG waving out of tent and other NG waving to Tent #3, Boom.
NG assigns me a distanced chair to wait for 15 minutes while other NG observe for possible side effects or reaction, Boom.
NG waves out of tent and we are done!!

All told, I was on site for less than 30 minutes and I estimate that they were processing about 300 people an hour.
the National Guard are worth every tax dollar we give them.
We got our first a few weeks ago at a hospital where we got booked for the second shot since that was what was available then so next week we get then. The second was booked during our 15 minute wait.

Whitten

Reaction score
I went to a community centre in the UK. I was in and through in less than 15 minutes. Lot's of young kids (students) dong the paperwork, nurses giving the vaccines.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm considered front line and had vaccines available to me in mid January. I passed on the first round figuring I'm in really good physical shape and didn't want to take a vaccine that could otherwise be used on someone who needs it more than me.

Second round came in February and I got one then and had the second dose 3 weeks ago today actually. Vaccine availability in my area is really high which isn't unusual for rural/remote areas. At this point we're giving them to anyone over the age of 19.

And today is vaccine day actually, there will be a line all the way past the parking lot lol

bbshams

Reaction score
I'm a music teacher and as an educator I qualified in my state's phase 1b (I think it was?... maybe 1c), had my second dose around three weeks ago! Such a surreal feeling, I am very grateful !!

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
My wife works at a senior living center so she's essential. She got her doses in January and February. I got my second one last week. My age group won't get it until late spring but since we're the same household it reduces the risk of spreading it to her work. Mostly just a really sore arm (thank goodness I didn't have a gig!) and a general icky feeling, but no major symptoms like I've heard people getting.

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got the J&J last week and my wife ("the Professor") got her 1st Moderna 2 days ago. She says it really aches, but I had just one day of a little pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.