OT: Handles and Avatars

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea we have had this topic a few times through the years but so many new members. My avatar is my bass drum logo. When I joined I couldn’t really think of anything for a username and didn’t want to use my real name on a forum full of strangers and there seemed like lots of usernames with Ludwig so I picked the color of my Ludwig set. I thought the username was like an email where it needed to be lower case and one word so I became blueshadow:). That was July 2003.

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is my eBay name that I set up about 20 years ago. I had just moved to Virginia (VA), and I was really into hot rods and rat rods at the time. Hence, VA Rat Rodder.

My avatar is my company logo (Edens Creative) which is a letter E that I lifted from some monogrammed glasses my parents got for a wedding present.
Ha, I always say, “vara trodder“ in my mind and i could not figure that out. Thanks

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The avatar is something I found on line years ago and I just like it. The handle is left over from some late night smoke-filled session with a bunch of buds (in more ways than one) goofing on "Rico Suave" when it first came out.
My name is Marty

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
I hugged them all and left, hoping I showed them more respect than they had shown me, or their former drummers. I’ve since learned their latest drummer has experienced the same treatment for the last 3 or so years.”

Damn, really sorry to hear you were mislead for so long, as if drummers are some sort of lower life form that should be heard and not seen, what a real shame.

Last edited:

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
My 26 piece Mapex Saturn is my avatar pic.
EEBD07B0-B933-49E0-84FB-E5A3A902F516.jpeg

My handle is after my Suzuki Bandit 1200.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My handle is also based on a bike. When I signed up I needed to think of something I wouldn’t forget that wasn’t likely to be taken and that came to mind. My pic is standing in front of the view at Pikes Peak on a trip a few years ago. It was the most recent picture I had that I was alone in

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My handle is short for "Mr Drumgadget", a sobriquet laid on me by one of my bandmates in my last foray into original rock music. He was about half my (advanced!) age, and seemed impressed by my obsessive attempts to improve my kit with stuff I hacked up in the machine shop. Or maybe he was just 'avin' a laff?

My avatar changes ......... I try to keep it real with pix of myself doing the things I love .... within reason!

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Benny was our beloved dog , K is the first letter of my last name . Avatar is a photo of one of my favourite American authors, I .B. Singer . I was a younger man when I joined up here in '08 and am starting to look like him .

Last edited:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My handle is an astoundingly creative use of my first initial and last name. The origin must be my parents, as they have the same last name as I do. The avatar is a drum I hand engraved.

What’s funny sometimes about a handle is that I’ve had to prompt people to give their actual name if I’m shipping something to them.

Reaction score
I started on the interwebs as MusiQchild back in the early 00's (PP2G, CU2, Hyves).

I changed it to MusiQmaN I think between the time the girls were born.

I kept the MusiQsounds Productions for work, and changed my name recently to TheDrummerFromAmsterdam on all my social media outlets, and thought, why not on the fora too. I changed the Avatar from the company logo to my own face too.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My handle is short for "Mr Drumgadget", a sobriquet laid on me by one of my bandmates in my last foray into original rock music. He was about half my (advanced!) age, and seemed impressed by my obsessive attempts to improve my kit with stuff I hacked up in the machine shop. Or maybe he was just 'avin' a laff?

My avatar changes ......... I try to keep it real with pix of myself doing the things I love .... within reason!
Nice ironhead!

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My handle is one that I’ve used for quite a few years on various forums. It’s a shortened version of Flat Twins which is the type of engines BMW has used in their motorcycles since 1923, though they have other offerings as well. The avatar is an old emblem from the 20s and contains lots of patina- just the way I like ‘em.

I no longer ride much but have several old “airhead” Beemers stretching from 1963-1978 and parts spread between shelves, attics, etc.