OT: Handles and Avatars

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, this is an easy one... I MEANT to spell it all cool like... was going to be Phat Drummer. You know, sorta a play on a super tight groove? But nooo, I went straight for the obvious...FAT drummer. At least it's accurate.

My current avatar is one of my kits with a stunning sprayed glitter finish, just like the look.

cr=w 800,h 500,a cc666.jpg

DSC_0106 copy.jpg

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m a cyclist but not familiar with this, can you enlighten me?
“Just Riding along”, is usually received by the shop employees as words immediately followed by the customer downplaying what they were actually doing when there bike broke down.
For example,
“I was just riding along and the forks snapped!”
Most likely Translation:
‘I was launching off this loading dock and the fork snapped.”

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, this is an easy one... I MEANT to spell it all cool like... was going to be Phat Drummer. You know, sorta a play on a super tight groove? But nooo, I went straight for the obvious...FAT drummer. At least it's accurate.

My current avatar is one of my kits with a stunning sprayed glitter finish, just like the look.

View attachment 561441

View attachment 561440
That finish on the kit is just unreal pimpin'...

And for the name, I'm sure that adjective doesn't describe the whole of you. We're all way more than what people get at first glance. Or Else I'd be forever stuck with Shorty69!!!

Ryneaux

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Was Ryno on Cymbalholic for a long time. That handle was already taken here when I signed up, so I went with rculberson. Most drum forum people still know and refer to me as Ryno. Wanted to keep that going but with a little twist, so I changed my handle to Ryneaux awhile back. Avatar changes periodically, based on no criteria whatsoever.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a drummer who was born on May 3, 1959, when I needed a personal email twenty years ago I figured that drummer5359 would be easy for me to remember.

I decided to use it as my handle when I joined the drum forum community.

My avatar is from a friend's wedding in 2019. I played "Here comes the Bride" on bass through an organ simulator pedal and played rim shots while they exchanged vows.

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
My forum name reflects that I got my first kit - a Ludwig Super Classic in Oyster Blue Pearl back in January 1969. The kit was actually built in 1968 and I have regretted not going with that year - but not a big deal.

My avatar is a caricature my son did of me playing about 10 years ago.

cayjarlson

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multi-Jazz Dimensions. My first band, name of my dba, [email protected] That’s me playing the drums just after Covid lockdowns. Might have been the first gig back.
I’m quiet but on here a lot. I’ve seen many of your posts and wondered, nearly ever time, why you decided to pursue multiple juris doctor (law) degrees.

cayjarlson

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
High school friend had an annoying nickname for me, which I’ve adopted as a handle for places like DFO.

Avatar is takeout. Specifically, the second best burger in Minneapolis.

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My handle is one that I’ve used for quite a few years on various forums. It’s a shortened version of Flat Twins which is the type of engines BMW has used in their motorcycles since 1923, though they have other offerings as well. The avatar is an old emblem from the 20s and contains lots of patina- just the way I like ‘em.

I no longer ride much but have several old “airhead” Beemers stretching from 1963-1978 and parts spread between shelves, attics, etc.
Love it. My first bike was an R-26. Got me through high school. Verticlesingle.

drumdawg

Reaction score
My handle is a mix of two of my interests, drums and the georgia bulldogs (dawgs). The avatar is a brand new remo ambassador snare - a beautiful sight.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing gastronomic about my handle. I was born shortly after the Russians launched Sputnik. Grandpa took to calling me Sputnik, but when toddler me tried to pronounce it, all I could say was "poot." It stuck.

Now THAT is a great story!
Seriously.

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love drums and l love English bulldogs. My avatar is my tattoo that my late brother Jim designed for me. He was the one who got me into rock music and drumming in the first place. He passed last year 2/7/2021. Drummingbulldog is also my old email at Yahoo. My name is Sean.