OT-Honda Fits

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
In my area, you better be at highway speed before entering on to a highway ... The Fit takes 8.6 seconds to get to 60 MPH. There are competitors that are slower. I wouldn't want to be be in one of those ... Notably a Mitsubishi Mirage's 0-60 is 12 seconds (yikes!).
I manage Interstate 35 just fine in a lifted 1987 Toyota Pickup, and that freeway should be renamed Mad Max Fury Road. A special bluetooth connection overrides your stereo and pipes Welcome to the Jungle into your system when you enter the ramps. A Fit is like a Lamborghini compared to my McFly Special, so I don't see any on ramp problems there.

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had a 2007. Great commuter. Put a 10 piece Slingy with cases and my wife in mine. No prob.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The FIT went to 15" ( from 14)wheels in 2009 .

RobbiefromAtlanta

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Fit that I bought close to 3 years ago. Low mileage and pretty much loaded except for leather. The crazy thing can haul a lot of gear. I have several friends who have older ones and they love em. Mine is pretty fast on the highway. I don’t realize I’m at 80 half the time.

73Rogers

Reaction score
I had a 2007 Sport that I bought when I had a 70 mile commute and my kids were heading to college and I was making a lot of hauling trips. 36mpg even with 4 adults in it. Fit my bike inside standing up with the front wheel off.
It's really a "transportation appliance". It was fun to pretend it was a sports car with the paddle shifters.
Don't get a red one (Google "milano pink").
I sold it after the axle shaft snapped as I was pulling onto a highway. 200 yards farther and I would've been in a bad situation. I had been thinking about something new but that episode scared me. However I sold it to a local pizza place that has been beating the snot out of it as a delivery car for the last 3 years.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
So my 15 year old minivan needs over 1K in repairs. Saw a 2015 low mileage (under 40k) Fit at a car dealer my extended family likes.
my friend Sam has owned a few (manauals) and loved them...this one is automatic/CVT. Price is good (compared similar cars around).

I know a few forumites have had them...anything I should be aware of?
The car is great..... with a manual. I test drove one and loved it.

But? Honda CVT transmissions can become a headache.

Love Hondas! My Honda Civic EX is 17 years old. Changed the clutch only recently. Runs strong.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
I have a 2015 Fit that I bought close to 3 years ago. Low mileage and pretty much loaded except for leather. The crazy thing can haul a lot of gear. I have several friends who have older ones and they love em. Mine is pretty fast on the highway. I don’t realize I’m at 80 half the time.
Here in Georgia many see the 75 sign on US 75, and must think its the speed limit! I was driving almost 90 coming to work today, but caught myself. Honda Civic. I love the Fit. I was considering trading my 2004 in for a new Fit Sport.

Staying content. :study: