OT: How fat have you gotten since quarantine started?

phdamage

Reaction score
I'm definitely not stepping on a scale anytime soon, but I gotta get back to some form of exercise soon if my (non soft/stretchy) clothes are gonna fit at the end of all this. I used to go to the boxing gym 3 days a week, but haven't been in almost a year at this point! not so concerned with that - I was never very good (far too old for competing in that).

I tried doing the insanity workout in September to get in shape for my brother's (small, outdoor) wedding, but I got plantar fasciitis after about three weeks, so had to cut that out. Doctor told me the rapid increase in exercise along with weight gain didn't help. :*(

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed my eating habits a few years ago, after losing 100 lbs I only have minimal seasonal weight gain, like 5-10 lbs over the wintertime but it burns off fast once the weather changes to hot.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had managed to get myself into the best shape in years, primarily because I bought a really thrashed Concept 2 Rowing machine ........ just after the gyms all closed a year ago ....... and completely rebuilt it. And oh yeah - used it (rowing was my sport in college). Then, last January 18 I managed to fall on a familiar hiking trail and break my freakin' pelvis (!), so I've been using a walker and a wheelchair for like, 6 weeks now.

Somehow ........ I've managed to actually lose a couple of pounds ...... go figure! Maybe because I've cut my IPA consumption in half?? Could THAT be it? Or, more likely ....... loss of muscle mass. I'll soon find out just how out of shape I really am ............. !

Mike

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was going so well for me. Not traveling, not eating and drinking on the company dime. Had an extremely stressful past three months at work, and blew it all up. I don't even want to know.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't gained....haven't lost.
Normally I get to lose some weight over summer with the bike riding. Last summer I was actually able to get more riding in due to covid. However, apparently my wife's cooking made up for that as I never got to lose the weight I normally do. I hate (really hate) boring indoor workouts, so I really look forward to the warmer weather so I can get outside and move.

CigarScott

Reaction score
I gained 30 or so pounds but being 6'5" and built like a nose tackle, it's not as drastic as it sounds.

Reactions: dtk

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I lost 30 pounds at the beginning and gained 35 back. Never had a problem with losing any amount but keeping it off is the challenge for me. Started to lose again as of March first and aiming for 40 pounds or so. And then I will need help to keep it off because I suck at that part.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've gone up and down a few pounds, but basically weigh about the same as a year ago. I did start walking regularly when the pandemic hit in an attempt to be ready to carry a marching snare in the local July 4th parade, and when the parade was canceled I kept walking. Been slacking the last few weeks, but will get back to it shortly.

My hair's gotten quite a bit longer, though, and I'm enjoying that.

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've weighed the same (within 2 – 3 pounds) for the past several years. It's still more than I should weigh, but at least it's not increasing.

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I've retired, never a wife, kids, or a bank loan and now gladly unemployed, I'm looking to have three new hobbies to complement my drumming. Pot-smoking and gardening. New law here sez a maximum of 6 pot plants per household. No restrictions on size. (Redwoods!) And beer-drinking. Just might gain or lose an ounce or two! My new routine: Wake up, play the drums, puff on a blunt, eat breakfast, puff on a blunt, play the drums, puff on a blunt while gardening , eat lunch, drink beer, play the drums, eat dinner with more beer, play the drums, hit the last blunt and sleep. Repeat! Just kidding, never touched dope, never will. Anything stronger than an aspirin/acetaminophen is a no-go. Never liked the taste of booze, that's always been a no-go either.

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Lost 25 lbs. but gained 5 back, but I have some processes I started pursuing several months before Covid.

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've lost weight! I was put on Trulicity for diabetes and it makes me process sugar differently. One side effect makes me not all that interested in food and I eat much less than I used to. I wasn't over weight to begin with but as a result I weigh less than I did in high school and I will turn 60 this year...

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I lost weight at the beginning, and then put on about 10lbs.