OT: How fat have you gotten since quarantine started?

drums1225

Reaction score
I'm up about 4 or 5 pounds since March of 2020. Without gigs and hockey (I normally play hockey once a week, and ref 4-8 games per week), my activity has been way down. Now hockey is back and I actually played a gig on Saturday and have another one in two weeks, so I hope to drop those few pounds in the next month or two.

Last edited:

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I was up for a little bit. Going from 4+ gigs a week to none was a big cause of it. Started cutting down on snacks, eating more fruits, trying to eat smaller portions, and walking/hiking more has helped me lose about 12 pounds so far. My goal is about another 20 more.

KillinBill66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm up about 5 lbs. Eating and drinking very well. But also chasing around my small kids non-stop!

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
I lost 30 pounds at the beginning and gained 35 back. Never had a problem with losing any amount but keeping it off is the challenge for me. Started to lose again as of March first and aiming for 40 pounds or so. And then I will need help to keep it off because I suck at that part.
Throughly understand!
In the '50s Sears catalogue, they had a size for boys pants called Husky! I was the poster child! Lol.
I went on the 16/8 fast at the start of quarantine, lost 16 lbs and actually dropped below 200,197 for a wk and a half! Then stayed 204 until 3 mnths ago,now im 215! Gak!
This time i dont seem to have the drive to continue.

WLVN

Reaction score
I've gained millions of diet and exercise resistant fat cells. I have a sign on my refrigerator "you're not hungry, you're bored"

jmato

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve lost 30#, ditched the constant inflammation and pain, and fixed my hormone levels. For the first time in years I feel great! 40 more lbs to go and I will be a new man. (We have the technology. We can rebuild him. Better, stronger, faster.)

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
I really did burn a lot of calories gigging, so I'm knocking on the door of the fattest I ever was, which was at my dissertation defense. I'm a stress eater, but also a continuous grazer, so being trapped at home with the food did a number on my health.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Lost wt and returned to endurance athletics like my life depends on it. For those who don’t know a high BMI is a significant risk factor should you get the virus.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same , sometimes a little more, sometimes a bit less .

CigarScott

Reaction score
I'm up about 4 or 5 pounds since March of 2020. Without gigs and hockey (I normally play hockey once a week, and ref 4-8 games per week), my activity has been way down. Now hockey is back and I actually played a gig on Saturday and have another one in two weeks, so I hope to drop those few pounds in the next month or two.
Not having hockey was what really did it for me. We got hockey back in late July with one two week shutdown sometime in the late Fall but that was the only really cardio that I get. I do a lot of gardening and have been rebuilding my deck but that just seems make me sore and aching more than provide any kind of exercise benefits. :)

drums1225

Reaction score
Not having hockey was what really did it for me. We got hockey back in late July with one two week shutdown sometime in the late Fall but that was the only really cardio that I get. I do a lot of gardening and have been rebuilding my deck but that just seems make me sore and aching more than provide any kind of exercise benefits. :)
Hockey just came back on Feb 1st in NY. I was "unofficially" officiating a few games each week, and playing a weekly pick-up game with a closed group of guys from two teams I've played with for years. Back in November, one asymptomatic guy infected a bunch of us, and everyone else got spooked, so we haven't played since. I really miss playing, and I can easily catch on with another team, but I'm going to wait until my team is ready. It's another month until the spring season, and I think we'll be back.

CigarScott

Reaction score
Hockey just came back on Feb 1st in NY. I was "unofficially" officiating a few games each week, and playing a weekly pick-up game with a closed group of guys from two teams I've played with for years. Back in November, one asymptomatic guy infected a bunch of us, and everyone else got spooked, so we haven't played since. I really miss playing, and I can easily catch on with another team, but I'm going to wait until my team is ready. It's another month until the spring season, and I think we'll be back.
Geez, what part of NY? My coworker in Rochester said they've been back for a while. One of the beer league teams all came down with it in the Fall and they shut the rink down for two weeks to "clean" and try to figure out what to do. I came down with the Rona last month. Played in our Monday night league, felt sick driving home from work on Wednesday and got tested Thursday. Thankfully, nobody else on my team or anyone I knew at the rink got it. I have theories as to how I got it but I can't prove anything.

drums1225

Reaction score
Geez, what part of NY? My coworker in Rochester said they've been back for a while. One of the beer league teams all came down with it in the Fall and they shut the rink down for two weeks to "clean" and try to figure out what to do. I came down with the Rona last month. Played in our Monday night league, felt sick driving home from work on Wednesday and got tested Thursday. Thankfully, nobody else on my team or anyone I knew at the rink got it. I have theories as to how I got it but I can't prove anything.
I'm 50 miles north of NYC. USA Hockey sanctioned games weren't able to start in the state until 2/1/21, but there were a lot of scrimmage games being played under the guise of "supervised clinics", which were allowed. Refs were called "supervisors" and didn't wear stripes, but rather black jackets. To anyone watching, it was clear that they were scrimmage games, and the health department definitely warned rinks to knock it off or risk being shut down.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been putting weight on for the last couple years and decided to do something about it . I joined anion and have lost 15lbs since the start of February . I plan to lose another 60 lbs to reach my ideal goal weight . Noom has been a revelation for me as it gets into the psychological aspect of weight management and has helped me rethink my eating habits . I am also walking daily or riding a stationary bike when I can’t get out for a walk .