OT: How fat have you gotten since quarantine started?

mfk252

Reaction score
Dropped a good chunk of weight thanks to a 30 day cleanse. Kept it off drinking more water, mostly replacing beer with red wine, doing yoga and long walks with the wife. I still indulge with food and drink but pick my battles. I highly recommend yoga for both body and mind. It doesn't matter what your starting point is and you can go as easy as your comfort level dictates. There are plenty of videos on the web to get you started. Even 20 minutes every other day has benefits. It has done wonders for my joint inflammation condition.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep checking the scale and haven't seemed to have gained weight but when I put my jeans on they seem tight. I think I'm just used to my pj's now :) When I have to go back to the office I'm going to have to find something more comfortable than jeans I guess. I do have some haggar slacks with the expandable waist that I think will have to do. I guess the alternative would be to quit eating so much....nah bigger pants!

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working through the whole COVID thing, so that hasn't had a bearing on my weight. I'm grateful to have a job.
Like DanRH, I'm an avid warm-weather road cyclist, and that really helps keep me trim...and then when cold weather comes, my eating stays the same, but I'm burning fewer calories...and thus the battle begins. Usually, by the time the Christmas meal and pies are finished (and my birthday cake in February), I have some work to do. So, I am in cutback mode, trying to lose 5-10 lbs. in order to be able to squeeze back into my Freddie Mercury cycling bib here in a week or two.

wraub

Reaction score
My weight has been constant throughout... Quitting drinking really helped.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Lost 10-15 lbs. I'm a warm weather cyclist, and invested in a stationary bike converter to ride inside during our quarantine and long Canadian winter. I'm lucky to have my job, but everything is digital and on screen, so I'm often itching for something to take me off my screen and get me moving. After a long day of staring at the screen, it's a pleasure to hop on the bike and forget my stresses.

I don't drink at all, but do 'hit the blunt' as someone joked earlier. Just careful not to indulge the munchies when they strike. Can't wait to get out on the roads once the weather gets nicer around here, but that'll still be a while.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't had any gain or loss. I do exercise everyday with long walks or bike rides. If anything, I've gotten fitter. I'm lucky that I live in a relatively warm climate although I'm looking forward to when I can ride more. Just sayin'...

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gained a few pounds over the 1st few months with increased alcohol consumption. Had a yearly physical and my hemoglobin A1c had creeped up to the limit for diabetes. Slapped me in the face. I’ve lost between 21-24 pounds since November, and hoping for about 15 more. I’ve hit a weight loss wall lately, but I’m pushing on though.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I had lost 24 pounds around the end of summer into late September. eating better and playing a good number of outdoor gigs definitely helped. Between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years I somehow managed to put it all back on! I started dieting again about a month ago and I am down 10-11 pounds. I still want to kick myself for letting it go back though. I really do burn some calories playing gigs. Unfortunately being in New Hampshire for the winter put a stop to any gig I had as they have all been outside since last March.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I was hit with three rounds of steroids in December and January trying to fight the Covid mess. I ended up gaining about 10 pounds. Still too sick to exercise as well. Hopefully can get it off soon.

Mike

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't weigh myself in a long time... Afraid to measure the waist... I know it's more than a few inches gained.
Pants are hard to button and leaving deep waist impressions; shoes harder tie and harder to breathe due to compressing the diaphragm; Realizing French fries aren't a great vegetable choice and Cheetos aren't a great source of dairy.

Good news, I'm going to start working out tomorrow and after I eat those three remaining pints of Ben & Jerry's, I'll start a new diet... unless I get sidetracked by a forth pint. ;-)

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far so good, no gain, but I'm a runner and the only downside has been the cold/snowy February in northern IL. Trying to get back after it with the warmer weather. Now my back? That's been another story. Too much sitting has caused lower back issues that I've never had. Raised the throne to take some of the pressure off, but I'm feeling like I'm relearning my pedal skills again.

Joe61

Reaction score
I've lost weight! I was put on Trulicity for diabetes and it makes me process sugar differently. One side effect makes me not all that interested in food and I eat much less than I used to. I wasn't over weight to begin with but as a result I weigh less than I did in high school and I will turn 60 this year...
Where can I get me some of this Trulicity you speak of.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Interestingly I have lost 42 pounds. Prior to the pandemic my wife and I would eat out two or three times a week. Now we don't. I cook most of our meals, and I tend towards Mediterranean, North African and Middle Eastern fare. Mainly vegetables with occasional meat and more often fish. I also spend a lot of time in the yard doing that kind of stuff, so have been getting a lot more exercise.

senecaty

Reaction score
I’m up around 10lbs or less, but what’s more concerning is trading muscle loss for fat gain. That part can’t be seen on a scale.
I’m up in Halifax, NS Canada where we’ve had full lockdowns on and off since last March. Almost a year of increased lethargy...it’s not great but thankfully many retailers make stretchy pants for men these days!