OT: How fat have you gotten since quarantine started?

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my last practice session I had to go to the doctor. He charged extra to remove the drummer's stool!

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
nun ya!

sad part is, I've worked all the way through it

swimming pool season is coming fast and I really need to shape up
Whatever you do, don't let them charge you for the missing water after you get out!

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
-35 so far. Trying to drop another 15. Down 103 from my highest weight. One day at a time!
Great job! When my dad underwent a quad-bypass plumbing job it woke me up. I cut the soda, pastries and candy off. Never did booze or drugs either. In less than 6 weeks I lost 37 pounds. It's been off almost 20 years.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow this thread is expanding .

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
About the same as when it started. Should be less, when it started I was riding my bicycle much more in the off time. Now, been so busy and stressed we’re probably drinking more wine! My wife is in the ICU and I am in surgery. It’s a relatively small area. But, yesterday in her 11 bed ICU she had to deal with three deaths. 2 of them were covid patients. We are getting overloaded from cases sent to us from the bigger areas because their hospitals can’t handle doing more surgery. At least the deaths yesterday were the last covid patients they had. It is slowing. It’s taking a toll on both of us.

Last edited:

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Weighed 169 when I retired last April. Around 175 now. I had been keeping it under control until it got nasty out, also down for a month with the ‘Rona late last Fall. It didn’t hinder my appetite, unfortunately...and too wiped out to even think about exercise!

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
One problem is I love eating and drinking beer so I see-saw between 180 and 195. I get out and walk every day so that helps....

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find myself sleeping a lot more, probably out of boredom and the desire to escape. A full night’s sleep as well as a morning recliner nap and an afternoon sofa nap are not unheard of. Yes, I’m retired. I can’t wait for my second shot and feeling comfortable to get back to the gym again. Not to mention rehearsals and gigs.

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
I'm definitely not stepping on a scale anytime soon, but I gotta get back to some form of exercise soon if my (non soft/stretchy) clothes are gonna fit at the end of all this. I used to go to the boxing gym 3 days a week, but haven't been in almost a year at this point! not so concerned with that - I was never very good (far too old for competing in that).

I tried doing the insanity workout in September to get in shape for my brother's (small, outdoor) wedding, but I got plantar fasciitis after about three weeks, so had to cut that out. Doctor told me the rapid increase in exercise along with weight gain didn't help. :*(
Phdamage

At 68, and with the last year I have put on 15 pounds. I have gone through plantar fasciitis too. I do love boxing ( RIP MARVELLOUS MARVIN). I found success with 9 Rounds. Go at your pace and it is only a 30 minute workout. Or get some boxing equipment at home and get a video to work out with.
A journey of a thousand miles.......you know the thing

phdamage

Reaction score
Phdamage

At 68, and with the last year I have put on 15 pounds. I have gone through plantar fasciitis too. I do love boxing ( RIP MARVELLOUS MARVIN). I found success with 9 Rounds. Go at your pace and it is only a 30 minute workout. Or get some boxing equipment at home and get a video to work out with.
A journey of a thousand miles.......you know the thing
whoa!! i didn't realize Hagler died!!! bummer. he was a monster and i love watching his fights. Sugar Ray ducked him so damn long, too! A shame he was robbed of a real shot at him for so long.

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put on about 15-20 between March-September 2020 to the point that I was at my heaviest ever. I started using the Noom app in September and got a Peloton Bike+ in early November. I've lost about 60 pounds since then.

On Noom: It's not a diet app so much as a psych app that helps you reassess your relationship with food. Along the way you start to develop other healthy habits. I credit it with helping me get back into drumming. One of mine was putting down my damn phone/turning off the TV, and devoting myself to things I say matter to me, like fitness and drumming.