OT: I did not think they could pull this off when I clicked it on.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Has a nice Staples kinda feel ... i.e. the Muscle Shoals foundation. Kinda cool.

MntnMan62

Reaction score
Not bad at all. I won't be downloading it and adding it to my collection but I always respect a good tune being done with taste, style and skill. They sound good.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you watch this travesty?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you know there is a PILLOW in that bass drum?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea....very cool groove-pillow and all!

Burps

Reaction score
Very nice!

Scary Pockets?! Thanks for bringing them to our attention!

The next video that popped up on my computer after that was this...

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I often play tunes in a way not as per the original version. Change to a Latin feel. Play it funky. Or whatever. This version works for me. Nice.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Everything's better when Sam Wilkes is on bass! Great take on this one as well, thanks for the post.

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
This to me shows me the strength of the Beatles' songwriting. And I enjoyed the modulation on the first tune, didn't listen to the rest of the second one.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
She's a very good singer. Very unaffected vocal style/pronunciation. Clear. Great band.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The keyboardist is the CEO and founder of Patreon...This is a pretty cool side hustle for some extra dough. LOL

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how to post links here, but I'm 100% ADDICTED to a smooth-jazz Diana Krall-ish live version of Fly By Night on YouTube...no guitar, just sax, piano, acoustic bass, drums and a Smokin female vocalist. It's honestly incredible--I wonder if Al and Geddy have seen it? Please check it out if you can (she is poured into a tight green dress btw)

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know how to post links here, but I'm 100% ADDICTED to a smooth-jazz Diana Krall-ish live version of Fly By Night on YouTube...no guitar, just sax, piano, acoustic bass, drums and a Smokin female vocalist. It's honestly incredible--I wonder if Al and Geddy have seen it? Please check it out if you can (she is poured into a tight green dress btw)
This-"Olivia Van Goor"? (I'm color blind so....I see the pour part...not sure if it's green though? lol)

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
She actually has a few other recent versions of her doing it solo on a nylon-string (i think) acoustic guitar. Pretty amazing as well but this jazz band version is ridiculously good! To be honest I wasn't expecting much but this is sensational--I wish more Rush fans knew about it...

Last edited:

Latest posts