OT: I f*@&ing LOVE Anthrax!

SpinaDude

Reaction score

I just came across this video this morning. I remember seeing them as Roseland in support of this album. Been a fan since Spreading the Disease, but I'm skewed to favor the John Bush era. Was Charlie ever not a monster? Incredible band and still one of my favorites.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'll take Joey over John, but yeah Charlie has always been incredible. Scott Ian is a riff machine and Frank Bello is a criminally under rated bass player.

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They're my favorite metal band still to this day. I'll take either lineup, but prefer Joey. They sit right next to Suicidal Tendencies on my list of metal bands.

SpinaDude

Reaction score
I grew up on the Joey era and still love most of that material. But John Bush really does it for me. Part of it also came down to ...well there's only so many time's I can hear them sing about Judge Dredd, John Belushi or Medusa. I think the songs are still great, I just listened to them the other day and was like, "Dude, what's wrong with you? The music still holds up." And it does, but there's a little bit of cheesy baggage that comes with them that I can't get past. From that era, A.I.R, Armed and Dangerous, Skeletons in the Closet and just about anything off of Persistence of Time hold up as tops for the Belladonna era.

I'm also a huge Armored Saint fan and of Bush's delivery, so that's part of my favoritism for that era. I have a lot of respect for him.