OT If You Count The Keys On Your Primary Ring...

snappy

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
with a corresponding lock what's the ratio between keys you regularly use and the keys you no longer recall which specific locks they open?
Me:
-11 keys total
-3 not sure where lock resides.
-So...8:3

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
None of them.

I keep a container of all of my random and forgotten keys in the shed.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I have 2 sets of keys - the ones for work have my fold out car key, office key and mail box key.
My other set is just the fold out car key - we use push button locks on our home
I do have a DW drum key and a flattened out quarter on each set - The quarters were flattened years ago
on the local railroad tracks back home

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 keys. Car and house. I have a second set with keys to my wife's car, but I don't carry that. That one also has a house key on it. Any other shed keys, firebox etc reside on a separate ring hanging in the house. I can honestly say I don't have any keys that I don't know what they do.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Three keys: car, house, and a drum key. We also have a utility key ring for all the locks and extra stuff that we don't need on a daily basis. There's only 4 locks plus a house backup on that one. We got a keypad deadbolt for our main door too. Can unlock it with a PIN, by voice, or on our phones. It'll give a warning if we leave it unlocked so we never have to worry if we left it unlocked.

Wife has a few keys on hers, including the house, car, and for some reason her parents' house that's 1400 miles away.