header.nohb.html

OT It's almost September; time to talk about the baseball postseason

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cortes will start for the Yanks on short rest tonight, Bieber could start for the Guardians on short rest too. The postponement of games two and five have really screwed up the pitching schedule for whoever makes it to the ALCS. Not to mention the 4:07 start time that all but guarantees they won't arrive in Houston until after midnight.

This is also the first time in history two postseason rounds will overlap. Game one of the NLCS starts tonight and it would be really neat if the Yankees/Guardians game is still going just to really drive home the weirdness these postponements have created.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I feel for the fans who had to wait out last night's rain delay before they finally postponed the game. They probably paid dearly for parking and food, only to have the game rained out after a 2+ hour delay. They originally thought the rain would move out, with an anticipated start time between 9:00 and 10:00 PM. It would've been hard for most east coasters to stay up for the entire game. I wonder how many of last night's ticket holders can easily return for a 4:00 PM game this afternoon? The travel will be tough on the winning team but at least the game won't be played on a soggy field.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Aside from the Astros, there doesn't seem to be any advantage to winning your division and getting a first round bye.
Ask the Dodgers if it helped. The best team in baseball with 111 wins during the regular season...ONE win in the playoffs. As much as that 7th inning was excruciating to witness, the San Diego fans and player were sooo happy ya had to smile.
Going forward I'll be routing for Cleveland or the Yankees to beat The Cheaters!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Anyone have a strategy for staying awake while watching night games on TV? About one complete inning for me, and it's lights out.

goodcat1337

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I feel for the fans who had to wait out last night's rain delay before they finally postponed the game. They probably paid dearly for parking and food, only to have the game rained out after a 2+ hour delay. They originally thought the rain would move out, with an anticipated start time between 9:00 and 10:00 PM. It would've been hard for most east coasters to stay up for the entire game. I wonder how many of last night's ticket holders can easily return for a 4:00 PM game this afternoon? The travel will be tough on the winning team but at least the game won't be played on a soggy field.
If I went thru the trouble of buying tickets to last night's game, I'd definitely be skipping work or leaving early to go to the game today. Especially after being at the stadium for that long last night just to have it postponed.

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is still October ain't it? I'm sure a lot of hotdogs were bought in Progressive Field. :)
Yeah, well you can buy one these in October in Yankee Stadium!
Enjoy your hotdog!
1666203414267.png

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that the Guardians had the youngest team in baseball this past season. They did very good taking the Yankees to 5 games.
They stand a real good chance next year.
I believe this is the official web site for all things Cleveland Baseball
1666228243998.png

C'mon Bonzo you're making it too easy :glasses2: