OT: I've retired!

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I retired at 65 last December.
When I’m on my deathbed I doubt I’ll be saying “I wish I would have worked longer.”

bbunks

DFO Master
Reaction score
Enjoy it! I retired at 62 back in 2019. I have not missed work one bit, and it is so nice to spend your time doing what you want to do.
I did the same in ‘19 and was also 62. Have a little consulting practice, and LOTS more time for drum practice!

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congratulations on your milestone!!!
I did the plug pulling in 2018 at 58, same reasons as some other have stated (knucklehead exec/mgrs/supvrs).
Looking to relocate out of CA now and buy my first house (shocked at how high other states have become).
Bottom line, I just can't believe how fast the time flies by. My Mother said, "If you think it goes fast in your 50's, wait till you hit your 70's!!!"

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
What area? If you are near Ohio city, next time we go up to go to the market how about you meet me and my wife at market Garden brewery and will grab some lunch, or hansa, the German place
I've been to Ohio City, Mikefryed. I played around there a few times in the '00's. It's a cool spot.

sternerp

Reaction score
Well folks, I've retired. Today was my last day. I couldn't take the job anymore. So I retired early, at the young age of 62. Wish me luck and happiness.

Now, all I have to do is take care of my mother (89) and my mentally disabled brother (61).
I hope that you don't get overwhelmed with being the caretaker for your mom and brother. That's an honorable task, but can be stressful.