OT: Joker movie

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Went to see “Joker”last night to avoid having it spoiled for me. With that in mind, I'll do my best not to give away any plot details.

Joaquin Phoenix could well become the first person to win a best actor in a lead role Oscar in a so-called comic book movie. (Heath Ledger won in a supporting role).

This is a deeply dark movie — to a degree that will spark quite a bit of discussion. It’s directed by Todd Phillips, who is known for “The Hangover” and “Old School,” but he seems intent on not creating any laughs in this one.

With all that said, it seems like a movie you shouldn’t be allowed to see, which is my favorite kind. (8/10).

Joker-Joaquin-Phoenix-Final-Poster.jpg
see —

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is one I'm looking forward to seeing.

SpinaDude

Reaction score
Very curious to see it. I'm skeptical about the craft the film itself but I have no doubt Joaquin turns in another epic performance. Frighteningly talented and dedicated actor.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Since I have no idea about this movie at all, can you guys tell me if this actually a Batman movie or just an offshoot? Is there any connection at all or totally separate entity?

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Since I have no idea about this movie at all, can you guys tell me if this actually a Batman movie or just an offshoot? Is there any connection at all or totally separate entity?
Appears to be a Joker origin story. I've heard no mention that Batman is in the film in any way.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Amazing movie but I was not prepared for this level of violence from the joker. Hope this isn't just a one off movie. I'd love to see the batman connection to this one.

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
J.P. just amazed me in Walk The Line. I have been a fan ever since and I don’t even like country music. The vocals were all his, not over dubs of J.C. and H.L. Ledger was a great Joker but the whole Broke But Mountain Movie was not too old then and I had problems getting past that. I go to the movie theater about 5 years but I now have 2 to see, Joker and Last Blood. Last one was The Mule, Clint.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
One scene in particular I wasn't ready for and definitely could have done without without spoiling the movie.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Twisted little nobody makes a religion from his disappointments . Dostoevsky dealt with this a hundred and fifty years ago .

Hollywood be thy name .

Last edited:

Latest posts