OT. Just bought festool

Salem street drums

DFO Sponsor
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on a festool rotex. I’ve been a woodworker my whole life and never thought I would fork out this kinda money for tools. As I’ve gotten older the dust has become an issue and the festool sanders are known for their dust collection. This thing is crazy expensive but it really is worth every penny. I wish wish I would have made this investment years ago.

Drewman

Reaction score
Once you go Festool, you never go back. I think that’s why I’ve never ventured down that path. I used to work in a boat shop that had several, and they were some of the finest tools in the shop. Congratulations!

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I checked out those tools as I wasn't familiar with the brand and really liked what I saw especially related to the safety aspect of their vacuum system.
However, I was surprised that I didn't see more info loudly broadcasting health and safety issues and the benefit of owning their vac system... I heard more about customers appreciating a clean site and minimizing dust falling on something you're ready to stain/varnish. I saw just a brief mention of breathing dust particles and nothing on minimizing the hazards of potential dust explosion hazards.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I just did a loft bunk for my kid, and wore a respirator during the sanding. After changing the prefilter halfway through, I swore to neved ever do power sanding or any silica (spackle, most wood fillers) sanding ever again without it.

Latest posts